Outdoor projection screens

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
Anyone have a outdoor or indoor/outdoor projection screen that you really like?  Features that you love/hate/wish you had???

Have to hold off putting the screen on the wish list because I would get the screen but not the projector for christmas.  

Anyone have a outdoor or indoor/outdoor projection screen that you really like?  Features that you love/hate/wish you had???

Have to hold off putting the screen on the wish list because I would get the screen but not the projector for christmas.  
Whatever you use, look for high gain and blackout backing.  I'm not a fan of the inflatables unless you want to leave it outside or need a giant display, because you will be listening to fan noise the whole time.  

so does a big white sheet not work?
Jeff-69-2018_01_12-21_08_29-UTC-1.jpg

ive had on my xmas list for a while one of the cheap inflatable ones and a projector, fall is usually so nice here always thought it woudl be cool to watch football outside some, use the burn pit, etc but no one else in the family is down with it :(

I picked up a cheap projector from Amazon last year and we've loved setting it up in the driveway with the neighbors and watching movies with the kids. So far we've just been projecting it onto our garage doors, but I'm hoping to finally build the screen pedestal that I've been eying for a while. It will look a lot better on an actual projector screen.

Once we get the back yard/patio fixed up, I wanted to start inviting people, aka minisnick's BFF's family, over for movie night since we don't have the room inside to host their clan of 11.  

ive had on my xmas list for a while one of the cheap inflatable ones and a projector, fall is usually so nice here always thought it woudl be cool to watch football outside some, use the burn pit, etc but no one else in the family is down with it :(
Perfect COVID set up. I'd come over, if I was there.

Not sure how well you can make it out, but the wife set up a screen down on the stone patio. The screen is one of the ones that has a bunch of grommets and was in the basement. Lisa got it stretched out between a couple trees now. It was used for horror movies during Halloween (that’s where the haunted trail started) and we’ve gone down and watched a couple movies a couple times on weekends.6FDFF371-98CA-404A-9E35-03CA285D0663.jpeg

We have a mini portable projector and a PVC/vinyl black back grommet screen. We use the vinyl screen at home, and just bring a sheet when out camping. The vinyl screen is hard to keep the wrinkles out if you fold it, so I keep it rolled up on a stick of PVC pipe. A sheet packs in the Jeep better. The projector is pretty cool for how small it is, comes with Wifi, bluetooth, SD card so you can pre-load movies, but the battery only lasts a hour and a half. When we're out on the trail, I bring an extra Ridgid battery and USB adapter to squeeze out a couple movies.

Back