Organization

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like others, I tabbed references as I used them to make me more familiar with them.

One thing I did that I really think helped me was I got a spiral notebook, and every time I came accross a new formula or something that seemed useful but wasnt in the cerm, I jotted it down in the spiral notebook, and later made an index for it, over a period of 4 months studying it got fairly full. Its probably useless to anyone else, but it really helped me during the exam. I left room in the notebook so that it ended up being broken down into the 5 test subjects.

I also took transpo so I had a lot of books, I had one of those small wheeled carts and in the cart I put mainly PM books and I had a box on top of the cart (via bungy cord) that was more AM stuff (ENV, Non transpo related water books, soils) Not a huge piece of advice but it saved me some time digging through books.

My 1st time I got 0/8 on AM ENV, so for my 2nd time I took almost every ENV college textbook I could borrow from my coworkers at the time, a lot more informative than whats in the cerm (IMO)

i know they said heavy duty staples, but i know a lot of people that had stapled books taken away from them. i dont know how they differentiate between a staple and a "heavy duty" staple. i wouldnt risk it.

Back