Opinions Appreciated

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did one recently (my first ever, actually). I had looked on line by searching "powerpoint tips" or something along those lines. I followed many of the tips which indicated font size, use of graphics and animation, colors, etc...

In the end, I thought it was a little "vanilla", but was very happy with it. Those who I presented it to seemed pretty pleased.

In comparison, a friend emailed me a presentation he did as a group project in his college course. His had a lot of things happening on it (trendy background graphics, small font, too much verbiage, etc).

Best suggestion I can give is to do the search for presentation tips.

Ed

Last edited:
I've put together at least 100 of them over the past years. I've done plain jane to way over the top in cheesieness.

I just emailed the #2 in command at the FL board to see what she has to say about it.? I was nice and professional, I just explained the situation and asked her what I should do.? If she says "SHOW ME THE MONEY!", then I'll start bitching.
My experience with the FL board hasn't been very positive thus far.? In my experience they're very unorganized, and if it's close to deadline time you can't get anyone on the phone to talk to you that knows what the hell is going on.? Typical bureaucracy.
Metro --

I have been in this spot before as well :hung:

Typically, they will extend the deadline based on circumstances like delayed arrival of the exam scores. In fact, my recollection is that I received results on Dec 28/29 (can't remember which date) and the deadline for reapplication was moved to January 12th. Keep an eye on the FBPE board - they will add updates there.

I would hold off - why spend out $125 you don't need to ?? '.02'

Regards,

JR
I live in FL and was in the same boat last year Metro. Took the Oct 05 exam, failed, re-applied and passed the April 06 exam. They will extend the deadline for applications if needed so I would wait for the results if I were you. I received mine the last day of December.....best of luck to you!!

I just heard back via email from the FL Board. They said to NOT submit an application to take the April exam until I've received my October results. If I submit sooner, and passed the October exam they will not refund any money. The deadline to reapply is going to be extended to a date past the time when everyone has received their October results.

Yay! Common sense prevails!!! :claps: :claps: :claps:

Last edited:
Back