Ongoing CBT Exam Spam Thread 2022

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up on 40 woodland acres in northern WI, and when I was 9 had constructed a tree house about 10ft AFG just off the dirt driveway. There was an older 12ft wooden ladder for access and a second story widow's walk used as a sniper's tower. There was a frog pond down in a bowl below the treehouse about 6ft lower than the driveway and my sisters and I had "built" a stick dam across the middle where we would practice tip-toe racing, which we had gotten pretty good at. Around this time my Dad was rebuilding a 64' nova wagon in the shop. He'd been sandblasting parts outside and spraying them (off and on for a few weeks) using makeshift metal "clotheslines" he had on rickety sticks shoved in the sandy ground. One mid-day weekend, I was outside the shop heading to admire a string of freshly coated gloss black enamel parts, and my Dad immediately sees me and says "don't touch, it's fresh". This was a familiar command from previous trips to antique stores, and meant put your hands behind your back and inspect with your eyes. I'm walking along in this posture, sort of backward & sideways, half stooped over & eye-level with my Dad's work and my leg takes out one of the rickety stick braces. The whole fresh line comes crashing down into the sandy ground. As the dust settles, we pull our eyes from the abrupt now stationary chaos and make eye contact. I watched his face slowly transform from utter shock to "you better run squirrel". We both launched at the same time, at about a 20ft offset with me heading for the treehouse and he knew it. Now when I was young I was fast AF, but it was also about 100yds from the shop to the goal with a 10ft scramble on an old 12ft ladder. About halfway there I looked back to gauge my position, and in that split second I noted two things. The first was nope, no ground gained. The second and I still remember this in full detail, I saw an actual tiger that was going to catch me halfway up the ladder, rip me down, and eat me. There was only one way out and that was the tip-toe race. I knew that stick dam very well and I knew I could make up the extra time I needed if I re-routed the chase around and across that obstacle. As we approached the treehouse, I rounded 2nd and headed to the backside of the pond bowl with tiger in tow. I jumped the stream to the other side, flew back towards sanctuary across the stick dam in record time, up the bank and up the ladder. As I'm climbing I hear ker-splash, ka-bloosh, ker-splash, and I threw the ladder backwards as I crested the top. I turned around with worked up 9yr old tears to watch my Dad watch the ladder fall down onto the driveway in front of him. He stood there for a few seconds looking at the ladder then back up at me and started to laugh out as he put it all together.

OMG I LOOOOOVED HANSON TOOOO!!!!! Luckily my dad actually likes the song MMMBop hahahaha. In fifth grade Hanson came to town to do a show in a huge mall parking lot. To enter all you had to do was bring some canned food. Since there wasn’t like assigned seating (or seating at all) my dad pulled me out of school at 10am and took me there so we could get a spot up close, hung out with me all day just sitting in a parking lot, and then he stood with me on his shoulders the ENTIRE CONCERT 😭😭😭😭😭 Best dad ever!

I had the HUGEST crush Taylor. Posters of him all over my walls. What about you? Which one did you like @txjennah PE ??
bb txj is so jealous, this is AWESOME! And awwww at your dad, that is incredible. What a great dad! ugh that makes my heart so happy reading that hahahaha.

I liked Taylor too! Eeek yeah I have heard the problematic stuff about Zak in adulthood.

What was your favorite song on the album? I loved the shit out of this one. True crime for teenyboppers.

I grew up on 40 woodland acres in northern WI, and when I was 9 had constructed a tree house about 10ft AFG just off the dirt driveway. There was an older 12ft wooden ladder for access and a second story widow's walk used as a sniper's tower. There was a frog pond down in a bowl below the treehouse about 6ft lower than the driveway and my sisters and I had "built" a stick dam across the middle where we would practice tip-toe racing, which we had gotten pretty good at. Around this time my Dad was rebuilding a 64' nova wagon in the shop. He'd been sandblasting parts outside and spraying them (off and on for a few weeks) using makeshift metal "clotheslines" he had on rickety sticks shoved in the sandy ground. One mid-day weekend, I was outside the shop heading to admire a string of freshly coated gloss black enamel parts, and my Dad immediately sees me and says "don't touch, it's fresh". This was a familiar command from previous trips to antique stores, and meant put your hands behind your back and inspect with your eyes. I'm walking along in this posture, sort of backward & sideways, half stooped over & eye-level with my Dad's work and my leg takes out one of the rickety stick braces. The whole fresh line comes crashing down into the sandy ground. As the dust settles, we pull our eyes from the abrupt now stationary chaos and make eye contact. I watched his face slowly transform from utter shock to "you better run squirrel". We both launched at the same time, at about a 20ft offset with me heading for the treehouse and he knew it. Now when I was young I was fast AF, but it was also about 100yds from the shop to the goal with a 10ft scramble on an old 12ft ladder. About halfway there I looked back to gauge my position, and in that split second I noted two things. The first was nope, no ground gained. The second and I still remember this in full detail, I saw an actual tiger that was going to catch me halfway up the ladder, rip me down, and eat me. There was only one way out and that was the tip-toe race. I knew that stick dam very well and I knew I could make up the extra time I needed if I re-routed the chase around and across that obstacle. As we approached the treehouse, I rounded 2nd and headed to the backside of the pond bowl with tiger in tow. I jumped the stream to the other side, flew back towards sanctuary across the stick dam in record time, up the bank and up the ladder. As I'm climbing I hear ker-splash, ka-bloosh, ker-splash, and I threw the ladder backwards as I crested the top. I turned around with worked up 9yr old tears to watch my Dad watch the ladder fall down onto the driveway in front of him. He stood there for a few seconds looking at the ladder then back up at me and started to laugh out as he put it all together.
I was like, "HOLY CRAP, A TIGER?" ....oh. Tiger is Dad. :ROFLMAO:

Hahahahahaha what a great story

bb txj is so jealous, this is AWESOME! And awwww at your dad, that is incredible. What a great dad! ugh that makes my heart so happy reading that hahahaha.

I liked Taylor too! Eeek yeah I have heard the problematic stuff about Zak in adulthood.

What was your favorite song on the album? I loved the shit out of this one. True crime for teenyboppers.

I honestly don’t remember what my favorite song was. I remember liking Madeline a lot, so maybe that one? Yearbook is so good! I still like that album lol

874c7bdf702f91da1d384371f5dd2309.jpg

Back