Old NCEES Sample Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!
Reaction score
I recently bought the new NCEES Sample Exam (2008 Version) but was wondering how I could get the older one. I would like to have them both assuming they are different sets of questions. Two good sample exams are better than 1 (not including the Lindeburg exam).

-Does anyone know if the new sample exam has completely different questions as the older one or did they just change the cover?

-How could I get the older one?

I recently bought the new NCEES Sample Exam (2008 Version) but was wondering how I could get the older one. I would like to have them both assuming they are different sets of questions. Two good sample exams are better than 1 (not including the Lindeburg exam).
-Does anyone know if the new sample exam has completely different questions as the older one or did they just change the cover?

I had both. I bought the older one (2001) used on Amazon.com. I used that one primarily as another source for questions. The 2008 one I used as a real practice exam. Many questions were similar, even using the same sketch. I purposely went through the 2001 version early in my studies so that I would, for the most part, forget the actual problems when working the 2008 version.

I have both, and highly recommend getting both because they are very similar to the real thing, no other practice exam / problems even comes close to being the same format, level of difficulty etc.

However, there is definitely some overlap in the problems, I don't think many are the exact same, but there are many that are very similar, some that are totally different.

I even tried to read into the change from the old to the new, assuming that the new may represent what the current exam is like, but I don't think that is actually of much use, they are both similar to each other and the real thing.

Back