October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What if the results have been out for hours already but your NCEES dashboard was frozen and you just had to click on the 'Exams' icon to get your result?

o_O

Do you have an idea where are we on the spectrum of result-release day, historically?
No clue, as this is my first time. According to the VETS, I believe we will more than likely get our results a day or two after the first states get their results. If we get them the first day they're released than thats icing on the cake.

Do you have an idea where are we on the spectrum of result-release day, historically?

No clue, as this is my first time. According to the VETS, I believe we will more than likely get our results a day or two after the first states get their results. If we get them the first day they're released than thats icing on the cake.
Texas tends to be later on day 1, or the morning of day 2.

Bueller?

$("a:contains('Chattaneer')").css("color","green");
$("a:contains('WaitingonResults')").css("color","red");

Well, that's the reality half of us must face. No harm in some preparaiton for the possible 'contingencies".
pretty sure it isn't half 🤷‍♀️

Let's try to make this forum more pragmatic. Guys, what would be your reactions/strategies to recover from desperation and get back to normalcy if it turned out you didn't make it this time?  With about the same amount of preparation (of course more focused and efficient), will our chance of passing  in the next try would be even slimmer? 
speaking from experience of not passing... sit down and seriously evaluate yourself and your situation prior to signing up. 

the first time i failed, i immediately signed up to take it the following spring. and that was stupid. i was so burnt out from work and from studying that I never studied for my second attempt. and i continued to be burnt out from work through most of that spring. I mean there's never really a good time to try to balance work, life, and studying for the damn test. but if you PM can't resource a project and you're doing the work of 3 engineers alone and also training a new grad, that is not a good time to try to study for the PE. 

theres a chart somewhere in one of the cycle forums with all of the data for the last ~10 years showing where each state falls into the release period. feel free to look for it. 

I just tried to register for a PE Mechanical Thermal exam (which I have taken already on October 2019) and yes, I was (almost) able to register. (I have not completed the check out, but I could)

Hmmm...

Anyone here from Wyoming?
Probably, there's a lot of mining and engineering in Wyoming so we usually have representation from there.

The states we tend to have lack representation from are: North Dakota, South Dakota, Mississippi, Kentucky,  USVI, PR, and Guam. To a lesser extent DC, Alaska, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

We've never had anyone from CNMI.

I just tried to register for a PE Mechanical Thermal exam (which I have taken already on October 2019) and yes, I was (almost) able to register. (I have not completed the check out, but I could)

Hmmm...
tenor.gif

Back