October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay, fires out, and now I can read the rest of the posts.

First things first.

Everyone is taking this test to be a professional, so behave like a professional.

I'm grateful that everyone edited their posts/quotes to remove anything which could be used in a harmful manner. I really appreciate it. I do not believe that those posters intentionally did anything wrong. I hope no lurkers did anything untoward. See bolded comment above. Emotions are high, and people can do things they regret later.

You are referencing a meeting that has nothing to do with the cut score meeting.

My reference in the December newsletter can be found on page 5, column 1, para 2. "Cut score" and "standard setting" are interchangeable terms

https://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/December-2019-LEx-web.pdf
Thank you for clearing that up! At the beginning of that article it references the year 2020, so maybe when it says "this year" it means 2020? Who knows. I hope so!

Are you implying that the email sent is harassment?
That fact that you sent a email with a legitimate question to the correct party is not harassment. Thank you for doing it on behalf of the community.

Noone else needs to do it anymore!

I can't comment if the text in your original email to them was professional or not. I can't see it. I would hope it was.

That fact that you sent a email with a legitimate question to the correct party is not harassment. Thank you for doing it on behalf of the community.

Noone else needs to do it anymore!

I can't comment if the text in your original email to them was professional or not. I can't see it. I would hope it was.
No problem ;) .  I'm always professional, especially in a business setting.  Thanks man.

I saw the registration for the next round of exams (April 2020) starts at Dec 9, I assume the results will be well out by then!

Its a sign....

c84gkx66.gif

That I failed

I interpreted it to mean Dec 2019 and CY2020.
I interpreted it to mean next year because this year is pretty much over.  Also, I feel like they would have posted it in the schedule since it goes into January.

They had the last standard studies meeting schedule in the April 2018 newsletter, you would think it would have been in the October 2019 newsletter if they were going to do one for the October exam.

I saw the registration for the next round of exams (April 2020) starts at Dec 9, I assume the results will be well out by then!
Nope! Not connected at all

I interpreted it to mean next year because this year is pretty much over.  Also, I feel like they would have posted it in the schedule since it goes into January.

They had the last standard studies meeting schedule in the April 2018 newsletter, you would think it would have been in the October 2019 newsletter if they were going to do one for the October exam.
Newsletters are bimonthly and don't line up with exam dates and related meetings. There have been a few cases for October exams that we don't learn about the meeting until the December newsletter. 2014 stands out in my mind, I know there was at least one more.

Back