October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome!  

So I skimmed through the last 18 pages.  Seems like the assumption is the controls committee meets up this week and our scores come up next week?

I was pretty much fine for the first 3 1/2 weeks, but now I am losing my cool. Having a very hard time keeping sane. 

Fingers crossed for Friday

So the controls meeting isn't listed on the december newsletter. That certainly makes things more diffiult to predict.

What does that mean? idk 🤷‍♂️. Maybe they had the meeting last month and the results could be coming out soon. Or maybe the still don't have the meeting scheduled yet and it could be a while. Maybe they just forgot to add the meeting to the newsletter, and nothing has changed from 10 min ago. At this point, people shouldn't assume anything with regards to the release date.

@RBHeadge PE "December 5–7  PE Structural Exam Scoring Clemson, South Carolina "

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?
The SE exam has their scoring meeting (or cut score equiv)) Dec 5-7. Implies that they should see their results early-mid next week. I'm not all that familiar with the SE exam, so I could be wrong.

p.s. nothing says that the the SE has to come out after the PE. It just tends to work out that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
VinceJones said:
My highlight from the December newsletter, regarding retesting next year with the cbt format: my calculator (TI-36X Pro) is no longer good.

"2020 approved calculators:
NCEES recently approved the calculator models that can be used on computer-based and pencil-and paper exams in 2020:

Casio: All fx-115 and fx-991 models (Any Casio calculator must have “fx-115” or “fx-991” in its model name.)

Hewlett Packard: The HP 33s and HP 35s models, but no others"
Keep reading at the top of the page. Stupid column formatting but they include the TI-36X and 30X calculators too

2020 approved calculators NCEES recently approved the calculator models that can be used on computer-based and pencil-and paper exams in 2020: 
Casio: All fx-115 and fx-991 models (Any Casio calculator must have “fx-115” or “fx-991” in its model name.) Hewlett Packard: The HP 33s and HP 35s models, but no others
Texas Instruments: All TI-30X and TI-36X models (Any Texas Instruments calculator must have “TI-30X” or “TI-36X” in its model name.)

Last edited by a moderator:
VinceJones said:
My highlight from the December newsletter, regarding retesting next year with the cbt format: my calculator (TI-36X Pro) is no longer good.

"2020 approved calculators:
NCEES recently approved the calculator models that can be used on computer-based and pencil-and paper exams in 2020:

Casio: All fx-115 and fx-991 models (Any Casio calculator must have “fx-115” or “fx-991” in its model name.)

Hewlett Packard: The HP 33s and HP 35s models, but no others"
The newsletter continues in the next column stating:

"Texas Instruments: All TI-30X and TI-36X models (Any Texas Instruments calculator must have “TI-30X” or “TI-36X” in its model name.)"

So it seems like your calculator is still approved.

Well, NCEES says 8-10 weeks before results will be available. 8 weeks is December 20. Perhaps we will have news before the new year.

there have been Monday releases in the past... take the April 2019 exam release date for instance... Monday around lunch time....

The Committee on Examination Audit conducts regular audits of the NCEES exam program. It observes standard-setting studies to update exam specifications. The committee also reviews the findings of previous audits to ensure that items were addressed appropriately.

This year, it will audit the most recent administrations of the Fundamentals of Surveying exam as well as the following Principles and Practice of Engineering exams: Chemical, Control Systems, Industrial and Systems, Metallurgical and Materials, Nuclear, and Petroleum. It will also observe standard-setting studies for the PE Control Systems and PE Industrial and Systems exams.
emphasis mine.

I'm not sure how much we can take away from this. It's written in a tense that implies that the meeting hasn't happened yet. But the newsletter was probably written by committee so take that with a grain of salt. I know that Industrial is going CBT next October and will need a cut score meeting over the summer, so that's consistent with controls needing a cut score meeting too.

Back