October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, NCEES says 8-10 weeks before results will be available. 8 weeks is December 20. Perhaps we will have news before the new year.
never mind...I just read it again. :(

"Results for this exam are generally released to the licensing boards 8–10 weeks after the exam administration."

honestly, if we knew the results release date, would it make it better? 
yes it would
2ilzas.jpg

Ah, the inevitable re-take next year will be slightly less awful then.
That's just phase 4/5 talking.

there have been Monday releases in the past... take the April 2019 exam release date for instance... Monday around lunch time....
Yes, this is correct. But I'm not sure if it's ever happened the Monday after Thanksgiving. Y'know how nobody in your office wants to do any work today - after the holiday weekend? I promise you that every other office in America is feeling the same way right now. I don't see it today. Next Monday is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a way to spend April Fools...

With the final pencil-and-paper administration completed in October, registration for the computerbased PE Mechanical exam opened November 4. Examinees can now schedule CBT appointments, which will be available year-round starting April 1, 2020.
page 10, right side

It seems that results regularly are released prior to 8-10 weeks. I feel that is a typical "CYA" statement so that there is a little leeway and people aren't calling the offices asking where the results are. 

The newsletter continues in the next column stating:

"Texas Instruments: All TI-30X and TI-36X models (Any Texas Instruments calculator must have “TI-30X” or “TI-36X” in its model name.)"

So it seems like your calculator is still approved.
I think there would be riots if TI calcs were removed from the approved list.

2ilzas.jpg

Yes, this is correct. But I'm not sure if it's ever happened the Monday after Thanksgiving. Y'know how nobody in your office wants to do any work today after the holiday weekend. I promise you that ever other office in America is feeling the same way right not. I don't see it today. Next Monday is possible.
But they just have to press a button right?

Yes, this is correct. But I'm not sure if it's ever happened the Monday after Thanksgiving. Y'know how nobody in your office wants to do any work today after the holiday weekend. I promise you that ever other office in America is feeling the same way right not. I don't see it today. Next Monday is possible.
I'm sure they're sitting around refreshing EB laughing at us trying to dissect the newsletter for something to predict the drop date on.  At least that's what I would do on a Monday after a long holiday weekend and didn't want to get any real work done.

No, it's not nearly that simple.

Imagine you have a huge deliverable at your company. How many people and departments need to review and approve it before it goes out to the customer? Same principle applies here.
you are right :)  just wishful thinking on my part

Seems like the results have come out the week after the Structural exam scoring meeting the past couple years. This year that scoring meeting is December 5-7. So, I'm thinking next week for results.

2ilzas.jpg

Yes, this is correct. But I'm not sure if it's ever happened the Monday after Thanksgiving. Y'know how nobody in your office wants to do any work today - after the holiday weekend? I promise you that every other office in America is feeling the same way right now. I don't see it today. Next Monday is possible.
October 2017 exam, results came out on December 4th, 2017... Monday after holidays.

Seems like the results have come out the week after the Structural exam scoring meeting the past couple years. This year that scoring meeting is December 5-7. So, I'm thinking next week for results.
PE exam results have been typically released before SE exam results. If the SE exam scoring meeting is this week then the PE results may be out this week and SE results next week.

Who knows, right?

October 2018 - SE Exam Scoring Meeting was on Nov 29 through Dec. 1st.  Results in Oct '18 came out on Dec 5th.  So our results will be out next week.

October 2017 - SE Exam Scoring Meeting was on Nov 30 to Dec 2.  Results in Oct '17 came out on Dec 4th. 

If our results are out mid next week that will put us around Day 47, a week later than score releases in Oct '17 and Oct '18.

Back