October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:plusone:

Couldn't have said it better, myself.
Sadly my family doesnt listen.

My mother legit said to me last year: "I know you hate stuff for the sake of stuff but I couldnt help it" as I unwrapped a plastic and foam penguin from Christmas Tree Shop 🙄😑

Sadly my family doesnt listen.

My mother legit said to me last year: "I know you hate stuff for the sake of stuff but I couldnt help it" as I unwrapped a plastic and foam penguin from Christmas Tree Shop 🙄😑
The struggle is real. ✊

And yeah, wow... That sucks somethin' fierce.

The struggle is real. ✊

And yeah, wow... That sucks somethin' fierce.
Yeah, its so disrespectful and wasteful.

Boyfriend and I set a price limit and then asked what each other wanted. He's getting a new pack for bike commuting and some merino. Im getting a massage cert and chocolate lol

I am buying my husband a Southwest Airlines gift card and Microsoft store gift card. He collects gift cards so I pretty much just give him gift cards for every holiday and when he's ready, he goes out and buys whatever he wants. He flies to Jamaica by himself once or twice a year so he'll appreciate the SWA gift cards.

Whenever people ask what I want for Christmas, I tell them I already have everything I need and want, so they should just surprise me. I like receiving gifts from people that they've chosen themselves, because it allows me to see how much they know and care about me. I think it's ridiculous asking people to get me specific stuff, or coming up with a list? Really? That's what it's come to? What happened to people picking out gifts for you to show you how much you really matter to them? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really good at buying pragmatic gifts. You need socks? I'll give you three (3) variations of socks. Running socks, hiking socks, trouser socks... 

I don't want anyone to get creative with me. I have a shoebox full of necklaces from my mom that I hate. I'm a pearl earrings, consider stud earring and simple pendant kind of girl. Yet, my mom wants me to wear these huge statement necklaces from "small business owners". I like Nordstrom, J Crew, and Banana Republic. Don't shop anywhere else for me. It's simple. 

When in doubt, give me something black. I wear black and ____ everyday. EVERYDAY. Black. 

Clean lines. 

Simple jewelry. 

Nice watches. 

Flats and pumps. It's easy.

Whenever people ask what I want for Christmas, I think it's ridiculous asking people to get me specific stuff, or coming up with a list? Really? That's what it's come to? What happened to people picking out gifts for you to show you how much you really matter to them? 
I get where youre coming from but when my family "surprises" me it shows how little they know about me.

Frankly if I could not get a gift and have an experience with my family (dinner, a play, ski day, etc), id love that. But my family insists on giving stuff. Even if its stuff you dont like or want. (Ie my aunt gave me a hot oil treatment for my hair one year. Which if she knew me, she'd know that I brush my hair & go )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back