October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I am dressed as Vampurr. Everyone else is dressed as a coworker to celebrate his birthday. That seemed risky for me to do since I'm new here and I was unsure if he would take it well, so I passed.  He took it very well so now I'm getting shit for not dressing up, which is the best case scenario.

I took off the cat ears though, because we have senior management in the office today and it seemed a bit much.

I used to exclusively fly United. I guess I'm just a masochist.

Now that I'm not a frequent business traveler, I'm perfectly okay with Air Greyhound (southwest)
Eh, my one and only experience with United was a bit of a shit-show.  Unfortunately, the airline I like to use (JetBlue) doesn't fly from Indy.  So it's either Delta, United, or American.  Delta doesn't fly all throughout the week, and since I have $150 in vouchers for United (from the unfortunate flight), I'm attempting them again.

Today I am dressed as Vampurr. Everyone else is dressed as a coworker to celebrate his birthday. That seemed risky for me to do since I'm new here and I was unsure if he would take it well, so I passed.  He took it very well so now I'm getting shit for not dressing up, which is the best case scenario.

I took off the cat ears though, because we have senior management in the office today and it seemed a bit much.
Fuck them.  I'm happy you stuck to your guns and did what felt comfortable to you!  No one in my office is dressed up, but that prob has to do with us being the engineering department for a hospital.

And I want cute TXJ cat pics!

I don't think NCEES really gives the furry crack of a rat's behind what we think about the test...
meh, they probably apathetic about it. Truthfully their "customers" are the state boards, not the examinees. The Boards are more concerned with ensuring that the profession licenses competent individuals to protect people, society, and the profession. The NCEES tests are just a standardized means that end. The test needs to be fair, dependable, and reliable means of demonstrating proficiency in the profession.

Fuck them.  I'm happy you stuck to your guns and did what felt comfortable to you!  No one in my office is dressed up, but that prob has to do with us being the engineering department for a hospital.

And I want cute TXJ cat pics!
Haha same!  I'd rather do what feels right than cave so I don't stand out.

I'll send a pic via snapchat!  And I'm dressing Apollo up as a bumble bee for Halloween, so definitely will share pics of that.

Haha same!  I'd rather do what feels right than cave so I don't stand out.

I'll send a pic via snapchat!  And I'm dressing Apollo up as a bumble bee for Halloween, so definitely will share pics of that.
YES.  GRUMPY APOLLO BUMBLE BEE WHO IS UNSURE ABOUT THESE CHILDREN NEAR HIS HOME, TAKING HIS CANDY, DISRUPTING HIS NAP TIME.

*edit* Yes!  Tops for talking about adorable Apollo!

Last edited by a moderator:
So this was post merger with Continental?

Yeah, that went super poorly. Still is. That was the glass breaking moment that made me switch airlines.
Yeah, it was a month ago that I had the 'incident'.  I'd switch airlines but it's very slim pickings out here in the midwest/it's not exactly a hub of crazy air carriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back