October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you gonna do with yours when you pass?
I like the idea of framing it with my license but we have very low cube walls so if I keep it at work, itd have to lean and I cant stand that. Like I dont really wanna keep a copy of my license at work for that very reason. It could hang at home...

I didn’t hang mine up until I got my license. Go figure...
I had mine hung up in my 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th apartments post graduation. 2nd and 6th, no. And now im in my 7th dwelling and its in the attic. My diploma is huge, i think its 12"x18" and then the matting/frame...

[Yes i move a bunch lol]

I'm supposed to be doing my expense reports.  So far I made it to the beer fridge, the couch and now EB.

Ugh, I'm trying to figure out how to change some of my mutual funds into ETFs (does that even make sense)?  Unfortunately for Vanguard you have to call to make that trade and can't just do it yourself and since I'm busy during the day I've forgotten to do it the past week or two after I finally got out of their managed account plan.

I...feel like I don't know what that means and I should!  😥

Right now my funds are split into Vanguard International Stock and Vanguard Stock Market index funds with expenses ratios of 0.11 and 0.04% respectively.  I wanted to see if I could convert some into the Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (expense ratio of 0.03%).  Does that kinda make sense?  But I can't change anything from mutual to ETF.  It has to go from mutual to mutual unless I call.  And I don't know if I'm smart enough to figure this out when I call them?
For the reduced expense ratio of 0.04 to 0.03, it is not worth the time and effort. Mutual funds and ETFs are fundamentally different in that ETFs are bought and sold like stock where you have to buy and sell in shares where a mutual fund has a price that is set at the end of each trading day, so you you can buy and sell fractions of shares. Vanguard has a decent breakdown on their website https://investor.vanguard.com/etf/etf-vs-mutual-fund

You cannot just convert them because they are fundamentally different things. I wouldn’t worry about trying to get into ETFs from your index funds with only that small of a difference. Those are some of the same index funds that I have as well. You could start to contribute to an equivalent ETF instead of the index fund going forward, but I wouldn’t worry about trying to make that transition. That is basically the advise that I have been able to discern from financial advisors online and the blogs, newsletters, and webinars from Vanguard that I have seen. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back