October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have three credit cards. I really only use one of them, but definitely don't keep track of where my money goes well enough. I need to start taking a closer look at it and start some better spending habits, for sure.

Here's an example of what I made. First sheet with budget, second sheet with forecasting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gmkJlbxipa6bGcyJX01yD2t2TsMyK7XymOhMG-FRtdU/edit?usp=sharing

I update the one I use on a daily basis with my spending from the previous day and then just delete the projected amount from the column.

Random numbers are thrown in, so I wouldn't base anything off of what's in there.
My spreadsheet is pretty similar. Not as much color gradient only red if it gets negative while forecasting. 

I also would mention, I use the Qapital app to save for things like big vacations and my rainy day fund. It's one of those apps where you can set up goals with rules. For example, rounding up purchases to the nearest dollar/$2/$5, setting up automatic deposits, transferring funds into your goal account with any combination of IFTTT (If This Then That) situations, spending more or less at a specific retailer, etc. 

I've found it to be super effective for me, because I'm not the best at saving money for things like travel if I have to do anything manually.

I also would mention, I use the Qapital app to save for things like big vacations and my rainy day fund. It's one of those apps where you can set up goals with rules. For example, rounding up purchases to the nearest dollar/$2/$5, setting up automatic deposits, transferring funds into your goal account with any combination of IFTTT (If This Then That) situations, spending more or less at a specific retailer, etc. 

I've found it to be super effective for me, because I'm not the best at saving money for things like travel if I have to do anything manually.
I use Mindbosa, it's a website created by a local woman here. It's a virtual piggy bank. Money is taken from my account and held in an account at Gorham Savings Bank. I can withdraw at anytime, it's free to use, the withdrawal takes a few days to return my account (sadly it does not accrue interest). But you set a goal and as you work towards the goal, you log it and save the money. I used it to track my hours studying for the PE. When I run or bike, I input that and the appropriate amount is taken out. I have it set to be 1$ for a mile run, 0.50$ for a mile biked, 1$ for an hour studied, etc. And I used the money to pay down a credit card earlier this year. The creator came up with it since she's great for saving for her business but not in her personal life. So she came up with it when she trained for a marathon and used the money for travel to get there. 

I have a pretty sweet nutrition spreadsheet in google docs as well. It links up to the USDA nutrient database to pull data on foods I enter. I wasn't pleased with any nutrition tracking apps, so I made my own. They were all too directed towards loosing weight, whereas I'm trying to gain weight (power lifting).

I have a pretty sweet nutrition spreadsheet in google docs as well. It links up to the USDA nutrient database to pull data on foods I enter. I wasn't pleased with any nutrition tracking apps, so I made my own. They were all too directed towards loosing weight, whereas I'm trying to gain weight (power lifting).
tbh I hate diet culture. but when I was in that mindset, I used MyFitnessPal. And OMGOSH, their database is awful and only got worse when UA bought them. I stopped being able to find USDA database entries in there and it was a dumpster fire. 

tbh I hate diet culture. but when I was in that mindset, I used MyFitnessPal. And OMGOSH, their database is awful and only got worse when UA bought them. I stopped being able to find USDA database entries in there and it was a dumpster fire. 
Yeah, there aren't many nutrition trackers out there that suggest 1.5g/lb body wight of protein lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have thoughts on sumo vs conventional? I'm a conventional guy, and normally hate on sumo people, but lately been thinking about giving it a try, even though I'm still getting results with conventional.

Don't even get me started on intermittent fasting. There are so many people saying it's great, and you can still get gainz, and I'd love to try it, but the math just doesn't add up. 

So they say with a 16:8 split you can still gain. We'll it's a fact that humans can only process 8-10g protein in 1 hour. So if you're only eating for 8 hours, that means you can only process up to 64-80g of protein. But, others says you need 0.7-1.5g protein per lb of body weight (depending on hard/easy gainer). So for a 150lb guy, he's only getting like 1/2 the required protein within that 8 hour period. Idk.

Anyone have thoughts on sumo vs conventional? I'm a conventional guy, and normally hate on sumo people, but lately been thinking about giving it a try, even though I'm still getting results with conventional.
I'm not actively lifting rn (getting back into it - we're reorganizing my equipment tonight). But when I was doing Stronglifts 5x5, ICF 5x5, I was doing conventional.

I started seeing a trainer last year and he had be doing sumos since he needed to fix movement patterns. 

I like either one. I also just love deadlifts in general 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back