October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you work for big companies who skimp on things that matter (like purchasing FR) but then are like "here's a branded piece of athletic clothing from Athleta for our healthy image!"

Any of you work for big companies who skimp on things that matter (like purchasing FR) but then are like "here's a branded piece of athletic clothing from Athleta for our healthy image!"
FR? Fire Retardant? 

My company (at least my office) is kind of the opposite. We have everything we need (thankfully!), but then marketing asks us to wear/use more branded stuff... Which they'll gladly sell to us at full price.  :blink2:

FR? Fire Retardant? 

My company (at least my office) is kind of the opposite. We have everything we need (thankfully!), but then marketing asks us to wear/use more branded stuff... Which they'll gladly sell to us at full price.  :blink2:
I'm in a position closer to yours. They give us all the right tools to accomplish the mission. But then they spend a lot of bandwidth on saying we need to promote ourselves better and be seen in the sector, but drop our travel budget to nothing. Somethings got to give

That being said, my former employer (which isn't a big company) did this all the time... and that's a big reason why they're my former employer.

I know I shouldn't have laughed at that, because I've been there too and it's depressing. But the comedic timing was there.
Feel free. While I was getting useful experience there, as time wore on, it became increasingly more apparent that the company was kind of a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back