October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that sounds like a lot of dead weight on the budget. 💸💸💸
Yup. A few months after we broke up, there was a "help the children" kind of charity booth outside my grocery store, and I immediately signed up and told the volunteer that 10-yo Willian in Guatemala was way cheaper to take care of than the last child I had 😜

I decided to go all-out and be my own Valentine earlier this year (made a nice breakfast on a weekday, made red velvet cupcakes, picked up takeout from a new restaurant I wanted to try, played my favorite album, bought myself some jewelry, poured myself a glass of my favorite scotch, opened a bottle of my favorite wine, bought my favorite flowers, etc) and it was a real eye-opener to how well I can treat myself 💁‍♀️

View attachment 14936

Congratulations!!!  Have you decided when the big day is yet, or just enjoying the engagement atm?
Just enjoying the engagement!😀

I do know it won't be until late 2021. This will give me some time for us to plan.

Ok, lets talk about that. I recently got engaged!
Congrats!

I got married recently. My totally unwarranted advice is to enjoy your engagement, plan the wedding you truly want that is within your budget, and don't be engaged for forever (which was 2 years for me) because we were sick of waiting approximately 18 months in and still had six more months to go and, most importantly, the longer you have to plan, the more expensive your wedding will become.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm honestly terrified of that.
I think a lot of women going into pregnancy thinking they can 'bounce back' and their body will be 'exactly the same as it was before'.  And then when it doesn't, it def can lead to some psychological stuff, especially when your body/time isn't really yours anymore (my mom kinda talked about this with me, when I found out she was diagnosed with depression).  I mean, I don't think I could do that to myself unless I had a partner who was really supportive and who would be there for me.

Congrats!

I got married recently. My totally unwarranted advice is to enjoy your engagement, plan the wedding you truly want that is within your budget, and don't be engaged for forever (which was 2 years for me) because we were sick of waiting and, most importantly, the longer you have to plan, the more expensive your wedding will become.
Yes! And also be prepared for people to cancel a week before the wedding when you've already paid your caterer. I STILL HOLD A GRUDGE RANDOM FRIEND'S GIRLFRIEND I'VE NEVER MET

Dang it, I only added three reactions today and am already out. WHAT GIVES EB WHY U HATE MEEEE
is there a limit on reactions? is there a limit on gifs? I can't post pics, says I have 511mb allowed for files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back