October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
go on a longer vaca yo

start taking every friday off
I get an additional 120hr/yr, which I certainly use. I just also have another 160 banked up, just-in-case I need it - i.e. emergency

My wife doesn't have the same banked vacation leave that I do. She also gets 120hr/yr but can't go over that. That's why I (read:we) don't do longer vacations.

We can only carry over 40 max, and it has to be burned within the first 6 months I think.  I'll probably carry over 36 this go-around.

I can roll over up to 40. Starting next year I have to get my manager to sign a form saying I can't use all of my vacation for project reasons to even be able to roll over that much. But I can buy an extra week if I want to 🙄
Yeah, that's how my old company was.  It was a pain in the ass.  They used to pay out anything over 40-hours, but then I think they almost got in trouble with the government because it was making it seem like the company wasn't giving its employees vacation time (aka; everyone realized it was more profitable to just cash-in the weeks).

Nice! Is that vacation and  sick leave, or just vacation?
I came in already going on a Disney cruise very early in my employment and then I had two-weeks in France at a tattoo convention/friend-cation that was planned.  So I started with 0-hours and all the time I've earned has pretty much don't down the drain.  I'm sure I'll make it up next year, since I tend to work on vacation, but I do have another long cruise later in the year...

Dolphins > Eagles ... 
legendfail.jpg

I guess I've been doing alot less drinking since I passed PE, so I haven't spammed much at all

Or its more like I got too drunk congratulating myself.  Still in recovery mode

@vee043324

I'm still recovering from PE hangover.  Plus I've got alot of work/projects since passing PE.  

Spam time is highly limited, but I'll try again this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back