October 2016 Spam-athon Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
9462d20afced9fb64a8cb064e69d3160.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
depends.

3, assuming all pipes are of sufficient size that flow through them equals or exceeds the inflow into 1, and that all pipes are sufficiently insulated and heat traced to prevent freezing, although I will note that as long as there is flow, and the water started out at a temperature above freezing, even if only slightly, that it is extremely unlikely to freeze in the transfer pipes before the fill operation is complete, assuming that the pipes are short, as depicted in the diagram.

3, assuming all pipes are of sufficient size that flow through them equals or exceeds the inflow into 1, and that all pipes are sufficiently insulated and heat traced to prevent freezing, although I will note that as long as there is flow, and the water started out at a temperature above freezing, even if only slightly, that it is extremely unlikely to freeze in the transfer pipes before the fill operation is complete, assuming that the pipes are short, as depicted in the diagram.
but will it fill up inside an airplane which is attempting to take off from a treadmill?

Yes, but not if it is placed on a treadmill that is inside of the airplane that is attempting to take off on a treadmill.  In which case it will all be knocked over and spill before any tank can be filled.

what color are these tanks? are those 90deg elbows threaded or welded?

this is exactly why you should never ask an engineer this question unless you want a gazillion more in return!

What's the ratio of the inflow rate to the average outflow, taking into account pipe friction and average fill depth of each tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back