Oct. 2018 PE Exam Results will come out ------

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maryland state offices are closed today too for this reason. So unless we get direct info from NCEES, we're waiting another day if things move today.
Maryland sort of makes sense because they don't want people on the roads today to ease traffic and security in the DC metro. It sucks that we'll have to wait at least another day.

You do realize you have to post this every single day until January 1, 2019, when the results are actually coming out?
giphy.gif

plus if you already studied, do you really need another 3 months of studying? I would think just get your diagnostic report and brush up on the stuff you didn't do good in, then a short review of the stuff you did do well in. 1 month tops of studying
It all depends. You would still want to do a minimum amount of studying in your areas of strength to ensure retention and proficiency. I'm of the school of thought that its better to come in over-prepared for the test a second time.

So are all state offices closed? Would a few states cause the ncees to delay everyone?
A few states shouldn't delay things more.

So far we only know of Texas and Maryland being closed. Wouldn't surprise my if Virginia and DC are closed too. But DC never releases on the first day so that shouldn't matter.

plus if you already studied, do you really need another 3 months of studying? I would think just get your diagnostic report and brush up on the stuff you didn't do good in, then a short review of the stuff you did do well in. 1 month tops of studying
I'm not the type that can cram. Slow and steady wins the race. 1-2 hours per weeknight. ~4 hours per weekend day. 1 day off per week minimum. Maybe its overkill, but it's what works for my brain/job/family. 

Totally reasonable date in Pennsylvania!
PA sucks...I’m disappointed that I chose this state to attend college and put down roots.  We have the worst section of the Appalachian Trail, the worst potholes, the worst sports fans and teams, and the worst state agency for PE results release!

I thought releases were viable anytime after 10AM last Monday. Based on the past I would expect them to start coming out no later than Thursday. But there could be things going on at NCEES that we don't know about.

And before paranoia sets in, the reason for a delay could be quite innocent and trivial too, like an approving official out sick with a cold. None of this however is meant to generate discussion.

A few states shouldn't delay things more.

So far we only know of Texas and Maryland being closed. Wouldn't surprise my if Virginia and DC are closed too. But DC never releases on the first day so that shouldn't matter.
PA has a half day closure for non essential employees.  But we're not by any means a first day state anyway...

Back