Oct 2018 Failing Scores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please also note that the "scaled score" is different per exam and exam cycle. See attached image

FB_IMG_1544127742319.jpg

I took WRE at 1st attempt and Transportation for 2nd attempt. The review courses through SOPE.
1st attempt was structural - 25 AM, 23 PM = 48 failure.
Most recent was construction - 22 AM, 27PM = 49 failure.

Guess just hit the books more, it's mostly luck of a draw sadly.  Only 5% of this exam is what I do day to day and what makes me a valuable engineer. Oh well.

I've been "around" for a while just lurking but I just received my 3rd failure notice :(  you would think it wouldn't sting as bad but it hurts every time!  

42/80 Civil- Water Resources / Environmental

Considering EET on-demand for the next time 

Last edited by a moderator:
First time tester...

Civil: Water Resources and Environmental

AM 21/40

PM 17/40

I've been "around" for a while just lurking but I just received my 3rd failure notice :(  you would think it wouldn't sting as bad but it hurts every time!  

I'm so sorry ::hugs::

I failed enviro twice and used EET to brush up on water, since I was so weak in that subject. Can't recommend it enough. Nazrul is fantastic.

I highly recommend the EET WRE course....I passed on my second attempt and the the online course I took from EET made all the difference. I also scored in the mid 40s on my first attempt.

First Try

48/80 Mech HVAC & Refrigeration

I didnt take in TX, so i counted up the questions i did get right and came up with 48. Is this a raw score or a scaled score?

Anyone from TX who took this test what was your raw score and your TBPE score? Been seeing how a 48 amounted to a 68% scaled score in other disciplines , and just curious as to how close i was.

Civil / Geotech here. Failed in April 2018 with a 53/80 after taking School of PE. This second time around, I used School of PE for the breadth/morning review and EET in the Geotech Depth afternoon. Highly recommend both courses (I know it’s $), along with the Geotechnical Engineer Handbook. Keep your head up, take a break until Mid-January and then start gearing up again! You will get there! 

First time taker.. missed by 1! 😥

Construction - 49/80 (TXPE 69%)

AM 23 / 26 PM 

Civil-Structural

AM - 31

PM - 16

Overall 47/80

Took School of PE and felt very confident in the AM. Plan to retake for April 2019, but add EET to prepare for the PM.

Civil-Structural  (Failed)

AM 28/40
PM 20/40

Overall 48/80 

Same deal as above! Took School of PE, morning went better. PM did not go well.

Anyone with 49/80 for Civil-Structural? How close was it?

Anybody here with a failing score from Texas for the Mechanical HVAC and Refrigeration exam?

First time taker.. missed by 1! 😥

Construction - 49/80 (TXPE 69%)

AM 23 / 26 PM 
I got this same score. ugh

except 22 AM, 27 PM

All this again for 1 question

Back