Oct 2019 - Failing scores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it and I used it for the exams. It helped in some areas, others it fell really flat. 

I think I have an older edition of this but I never used it for the exams. 

I did that practice test twice and highly recommend it. 

I cried after the 2nd time I took it since it finally felt possible that I could pass the test. And I did. 
I cried after I took it the first time because it beat me up so bad.

Based on what I've read here, I may just get the CI practice problems (vol 1-4) and the NCEES practice exam to run through, as well as this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0988187612/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I already have a couple of books that arrived to me after the test (Power Systems by Glover and Electrical Machines by Wildi) that will provide me with more motor and power systems questions. 
Those are excellent references. You should add Justin's Engineering Pro Guides. They made the difference in my performance on April'19. I passed.

I wish I had it the other time I tried the exam (April '18)

https://www.engproguides.com/power-pe-exam-study-guide-tools.html

I heard Power Reference Manual by Camara was pretty bad. I didn't get it, so does anyone eghtslse have experience with it?
If you can carry it to the exam, bring it. I thought it would be useless, I had second thoughts to carry it to the exam. Finally I brought it and, boom, I found the information needed in it. I know that the Camara book is dense and huge. But I think that if I hadn't brought it, I would have lost a few points, and may be the difference between Pass/Fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Chattaneer PE, I just purchased these books from someone but they are 2018 edition. do you know if the latest edition has a similar problems with the 2018 one?

Also, do you recommend bringing these practice exam books to the exam? Or just leave them and use these just for practice during the review?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Chattaneer PE, I just purchased these books from someone but they are 2018 edition. do you know if the latest edition has a similar problems with the 2018 one?

Also, do you recommend bringing these practice exam books to the exam? Or just leave them and use these just for practice during the review?
It's up to you.

A lot of people have different methods. Some take the sample exams, some copy each problem and solution to a separate page and put that in a binder sorted by topic.

I took the sample exam books with me, but I didn't need to pull them out.

Back