Oct 2012

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a couple of hours upstate, but live near a train station that would take me into NYC. Some weekend before the test I'd be happy to find a library or some quiet place somewhere and go over questions that have accumulated over time.

Rutgers cancelled review class this year. No one wants to PE in NJ or everyone is PE already. :beat:

I started preparing for this Oct PE. I find it hard to understand HVAC related stuff. How important is it to work problems in that area? I have only EERM and practice problems for EERM as for as the HVAC content is concerned. Previous test takers please reply..or suggest easy references for that section.

HVAC is not even a topic listed on the exam specifications breakdown, although I suppose it's related to Indoor Air Quality under Environmental Health and Safety and possibly Pollution Control. I took an HVAC course in college, randomly enough, and I don't recall seeing anything I'd categorize as HVAC on the April exam.

Read the chapter in the EERM if you want, but don't waste your time doing HVAC problems when you could be focusing on other topics that will definitely be tested.

I have not done detailed problems in HVAC. I think there is no need for that. Just read basics. There may be some questions for HCFC's.

HVAC is not even a topic listed on the exam specifications breakdown, although I suppose it's related to Indoor Air Quality under Environmental Health and Safety and possibly Pollution Control. I took an HVAC course in college, randomly enough, and I don't recall seeing anything I'd categorize as HVAC on the April exam.

Read the chapter in the EERM if you want, but don't waste your time doing HVAC problems when you could be focusing on other topics that will definitely be tested.
Thank you.

Back