NY License Watch OCT 2018 Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The site was actually down last night (it seemed to crash whenever you put in a license search even by last name).  They have started uploading a couple more names, but they're all over the place!  S-B-G-H.  We'll see if there is another K-name sometime today!  😀

The NYSED site is down again (it seems to be down fairly often due to updates).  They have started uploading a couple more names, but they're all over the place!  S-B-G-H, and only a couple a day.  NCEES still says I passed, so it really is just a waiting game for me!

Has anyone called them to determine why they have been only processing a couple a day while it was 40+ a few weeks ago?

Has anyone called them to determine why they have been only processing a couple a day while it was 40+ a few weeks ago?
Nope.  I assume it has something to do with the holidays (I know a majority of people take off the last two weeks of the year and this week is really only the 'start' of people returning).  The website does say 5-8 weeks for processing.  If I don't have my license number by Valentine's Day, then I'll be a little concerned.

One word of advice, do not bug the engineering license board for ny. I have a coworker that called them idiots a few weeks ago, and i doubt they will process his license by commity.

One word of advice, do not bug the engineering license board for ny. I have a coworker that called them idiots a few weeks ago, and i doubt they will process his license by commity.
Truth.  Only poke the sleeping dragon if you have a really, really good reason, and be very contrite when doing so.  Case in point: when they were issuing exam approval and I had submitted everything early (November) but hadn't received notification if I could sit (this was Feb 1st, and I think the closing registration for the exam was Feb 20?).  I called and talked to a person and was like, "Maybe I missed it in the mail, but I was hoping someone could help, even if it means I can't sit the exam this round, I'd like to make sure my submittal package is complete for the next review round."

Was told I'd prob not make the Feb deadling/it takes 6-weeks to review, but then they followed-up with an email stating what was missing (a single Form 4A), allowed me to submit the form via email, and then reviewed and gave the okay in 2-weeks.

It's all about not pushing the buttons for something not really important (if you passed, you passed, they can't take that away).  They're issuing license numbers.  I won't complain unless it's mid-March and I don't have my number by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truth.  Only poke the sleeping dragon if you have a really, really good reason, and be very contrite when doing so.  Case in point: when they were issuing exam approval and I had submitted everything early (November) but hadn't received notification if I could sit (this was Feb 1st, and I think the closing registration for the exam was Feb 20?).  I called and talked to a person and was like, "Maybe I missed it in the mail, but I was hoping someone could help, even if it means I can't sit the exam this round, I'd like to make sure my submittal package is complete for the next review round."

Was told I'd prob not make the Feb deadling/it takes 6-weeks to review, but then they followed-up with an email stating what was missing (a single Form 4A), allowed me to submit the form via email, and then reviewed and gave the okay in 2-weeks.

It's all about not pushing the buttons for something not really important (if you passed, you passed, they can't take that away).  They're issuing license numbers.  I won't complain unless it's mid-March and I don't have my number by then.
Agree they are pretty reasonable when you are nice to them.

I've only seen a couple of updates over the past couple days (2-3 per day).  None have been me.  I don't know if the shutdown is affecting the updates or not.  I'll keep waiting, again, it's not February yet so there is still time in the 5-8 week window that is shown on the nysed website.

Back