NY License Watch OCT 2018 Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow....quicker than I expected! Got my number last night. Stamps ordered already......Its been a wild ride of emotions but its finally official! Congrats to all again

I had spot checked a few names on LinkedIn and it looked like some of the names had been practicing for a long time.  I could have been wrong though, or there could have been a mix of reciprocity/renewal/new at the time.  It definitely looks like there are new licenses being issued now as some on this board have claimed to have gotten theirs - could be trolls though, but I think it is safe to say that new licenses are being issued around 70ish per day at this point.  

They ended 12/12 on 100731.  Licenses are definitely being issued in alphabetical order by stack, but there must be many stacks or multiple people entering because we keep going through the alphabet and then going back.  100731 is a "W"... I am a "K" and have not yet gotten my license yet so I hope that they have multiple stacks!!
I'm in the same boat as you (a "K" last name).  I def think there are multiple stacks being processed, with a mix of new and reciprocity licenses and different people uploading different sections of the alphabet.  Hopefully there will be relief for us "K"-names today!

I'm in the same boat as you (a "K" last name).  I def think there are multiple stacks being processed, with a mix of new and reciprocity licenses and different people uploading different sections of the alphabet.  Hopefully there will be relief for us "K"-names today!
Looks like all "S" names so far this morning ::ugh::

Looks like all "S" names so far this morning ::ugh::
I've learned to not worry too much about it.  At the pace they're going, there is a pretty good chance stuff will be updated by COB on Friday.  If it isn't, just means I delay ordering my stamp/new business cards.  Being a "real" PE doesn't really affect me until the new year, so I've technically got another two weeks to worry about this number.  Relaxxxxxxx.

I've learned to not worry too much about it.  At the pace they're going, there is a pretty good chance stuff will be updated by COB on Friday.  If it isn't, just means I delay ordering my stamp/new business cards.  Being a "real" PE doesn't really affect me until the new year, so I've technically got another two weeks to worry about this number.  Relaxxxxxxx.
I work in NJ.  My license doesn't help me until I get it in NJ as well... So for me the sooner I get my license number the sooner I can submit all my paperwork to NJ.  I can tell you I am not looking forward to that comity process at all

I swear whoever is entering the information into the system has the strangest coffee/lunch/bathroom break schedule.  Sprinted to get 25 in this morning and has been slow as molasses since. 

I was actually thinking that too, when I was seeing how stuff was being updated.  There would be like 20+ names in a 10-minute period...then nothing for an hour or two.  Then a single name.  Nothing for another hour or two.  Then, suddenly, 40-names at the end of the day (after COB).  Very confusing.

The stamp itself (like the rubber?) or the stamp ink?  I've only ever seen stamp ink as black, which I think has to do with the legality of it.  I've never seen official documents signed in blue ink, and even at the bank, have you ever signed a mortgage or document in blue?  I think the black ink is the standard for anything to do with legality in NYS.

Also, I too am a "K"-last name and I am kinda dying when I saw multiple "Z"-names.  😨

*that nervous feeling where your license number hasn't been uploaded yet, but it seems like everyone else's has, and you keep uploading NCEES to confirm that, yes, it still says passed*
This is like a cruel version of bingo. Wonder where knickers is now.

This is like a cruel version of bingo. Wonder where knickers is now.
73c7e89f4860d451b37206eaeca9333a--art-collages-collage-art.jpg

Back