Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It also dyes your cabinets green when it accidentally tips over and leaks out!
Usually this is used with cotton wraps after competing/long show days.  You slather this **** on, wrap it with pristine/beautiful white wraps, and then polo wrap on top, bute the horse for travel the next day.

The mess of green gel + moisture + hair everywhere when you unwrap after trailer is always a joy, but at least their legs weren't hot anymore, which is I guess the point...?

ALSO.  Did kickboxing again yesterday.  I die at the end of class, when the coach is suddenly like "push-ups and half plank, but I think it'll get better if I stick with it.  Also, my legs are still sore, but not as bad as earlier this week.  When I threw some muscle rub on them last night, the rub didn't get crazy hot like it does when my muscles are actually dying so, yeah!

Who did a banded pull-up at the gym this morning? This kid. I haven't tried one in a long time and I've been stuck with TRX rows/ring rows during quarantine, so today I decided to give it a go and I was able to do two. Then I put that ish away because the workout was a modified Fran that calls for 21-15-9 pull ups and thrusters and you know I did ring rows. 

do you get to actually kick other people?  I think some days I could defin use a roundhouse kick to the face! & Id like to give one as well, usually around every Wednesday afternoon..

Did all 5 days this week, actually feels pretty good - I was going to sleep in today but the wife and daughter got up early to go hiking, woke me up, saw an open spot on the 5 am class and signed in..

Although this marks the 2nd time that some extremely fit chics, from I think Boulder, have dropped in at our gym.  Its always a good feeling when there are 100 push ups at the end of the metcon and you get around 40 done before having to do them elevated and two women right next to you bang out all 100 strict.. defin :respect: and  :eyebrows:  but mostly... :hung-037:

Who did a banded pull-up at the gym this morning? This kid. I haven't tried one in a long time and I've been stuck with TRX rows/ring rows during quarantine, so today I decided to give it a go and I was able to do two. Then I put that ish away because the workout was a modified Fran that calls for 21-15-9 pull ups and thrusters and you know I did ring rows. 
congrats!

I even put in a pull up bar at home and havent made much progress...I think the 10 lbs I gained drinking during the quarantine helped!

Also Supe's advice about doing forearm curls has also really helped my elbow & I think it is a big pull up helper too - I can do 1-2 strict pull ups with no pain - the wife is also on a pull up quest and has been doing them - they are frustrating..

do you get to actually kick other people?  I think some days I could defin use a roundhouse kick to the face! & Id like to give one as well, usually around every Wednesday afternoon..
Actually, yes.  We were working on sweep kicks, but then we transitioned to torso high kicks.  I was pulling my kicks, because I'm nice.  My partner, a much smaller woman who seemed ultra intense, was...not.  I have a fairly big bruise on my hip bone area.  She figured out after four or five kicks to start pulling them because a kick hurts, no matter how tiny you are.  If I keep doing this, I def need to grab a pair of shin guards that aren't pull on/are strap on.  I wear long leggings when working out and peeling off shin guards when I'm ultra sweaty takes forever.

@csb Pull ups terrify me and I am so excited for you!  Being ultra strong super woman!!! ❤️

we transitioned.  I was pulling because I'm nice.  My partner, a much smaller woman seemed ultra intense no matter how tiny you are.  If I keep doing this, I def need to grab a strap on.  when I'm ultra sweaty takes forever.
giphy.gif

Shared with a few others on this board, wanted to share it here too.

I’m at the 6 month mark today, and I got this sweet before/after pic.

Top is 294 on 12/14/2019, bottom is 247 this morning.

Fair warning, shirtless pic incoming...

All this progress while mastering the sourdough. I am impressed. 

Back