Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I live for these tan lines as well! Well, usually just the shorts one. Then when I go to the waterpark it looks like I'm wearing sensible white shorts under my swim bottoms. 
Hopefully not after Labor Day.

Lol, I don't let anyone at my gym know I have ink until maybe 4-months in?  I mean, I still wear leggings underneath my dresses at work.  I tend to forget I have ink, tbh.  AND TERRIFYING LEGS ARE FUCKING AWESOME.  I WANT PEOPLE TO LOOK AND BE IN AWE AND FEAR.

@csb ty for defending me from carbs last night.  I def need to get a foam roller or roller stick.  It's literally just my quads that are dying.  Tonight is going to be super interesting.  I am pretty sure I can just die and the trainer will help me out.
I could not with that first comment. It was too much. 

slept late this morning and did the lunch time class - I think this is referred to as the "mommy class"? I hope that isnt considered in bad taste - sort of the only guy there... anyways...

But FOUR 800m runs (FOUR! - God **** you its F'n hot out!)  and some bs hanging my old body from a bar trying to reach my toes to it (which I dont think will ever happen_

however the good news is that its all starting to come back..

IMG_2125.jpg

As a (primarily) cyclist I SUPER share this goal with you! I love this terminology so I am appropriating this, kthxbye!

JK might appreciate this: Not directly fitness related, but aesthetically I also go for the razor sharp bib and jersey tan line (cyclists are weird, sorrynotsorry). Makes me feel good and confident. It's definitely not as hardcore as @JayKay PE's ink, but it is an aesthetic choice and a deliberate body mod decision that makes me feel good and I can't wait to rock it at the beach this summer (call me vain, dun care! just keepin' it real with my internet frens).

But, probably not gonna rock it at the beach, because Rona.
I am also primarily a cyclist (mainly road, but getting back into mountain as well), and was a rower in high school/first semester of college. TERRIFYING LEGS are LIFE! and so is the cyclist tan. Whenever I see someone else with it, they get the knowing head nod from me.

slept late this morning and did the lunch time class - I think this is referred to as the "mommy class"? I hope that isnt considered in bad taste - sort of the only guy there... anyways...

But FOUR 800m runs (FOUR! - God **** you its F'n hot out!)  and some bs hanging my old body from a bar trying to reach my toes to it (which I dont think will ever happen_

however the good news is that its all starting to come back..
Nothing says I'm not sure what to program like two miles of running disguised as 800m runs. 

Yay!  Made it through Wednesdays class!  We only did a couple lunges, which made my quads super unhappy, but then the rest of the exercises seemed to focus on arms.  Did a lot a barbell rows and bench pressing.  The bear crawls killed me because we did the hard bear crawls (where your knees are super close to the ground) versus the easy bear crawls (ala highschool football, where your ass is in the air).  My legs are kinda feeling better this morning, but still kinda close to super sore?  I threw some muscle rub on them again and then had my heating pad on them when I went to bed.  Going to grab a little ibuprofen today from the hospital store and use it around 11amish if it gets bad.  Going to attempt kickboxing again tonight.  

My flexors hurt on my arm.

These all seem like bad choices.

DOMS can often be worst the 2nd day after the workout.  

If your arms hurt more than your back or chest during pressing or rowing exercises, then you may not be properly engaging the correct muscles.  I would chat with the trainer about that.  

Oh, I lost another 1.5 lbm...

... yesterday...
tenor.gif

DOMS can often be worst the 2nd day after the workout.  

If your arms hurt more than your back or chest during pressing or rowing exercises, then you may not be properly engaging the correct muscles.  I would chat with the trainer about that.  
Yeah.  I realized that on Wednesday morning.  😥

Doing the exercise itself, nothing hurt!   The bench press I was ultra shaky on, since I've never done it before, but the trainer stepped in multiple times (!!!!) to explain where my eyes/hands/etc. should be while doing it.  I think I just need to practice to better understand the motions.  We also did a bunch of pullups with the TRX.  I think it was semi-arm day.  And I kept going up in weight because I'd get the 'assessing' eye from the trainer.  Meaning he was going to ask next rep, so I might as well get it done before he says I need to.

I am super excited for the weekend, though, since I'm NOT exercising and going to take it super easy.

Going to grab a little ibuprofen today from the hospital store and use it around 11amish if it gets bad.  Going to attempt kickboxing again tonight.  
I've never thought to leverage the Amish for DOMS. Do they pick stuff up for you, like a barn raising? 

I am fully in the 2nd day DOMS group. 

What might be helpful is to do progressions on some of the lifts you're struggling with the full movement. Like before you do a clean, you just practice getting it to your hips from the floor. Then you practice from your hips to the clean. Then you link it all together. 

thats why i go every day, DOMS cant set in, I just have constant soreness and fatigue.. ;)

I cant seem to get better (increase weight) on Front Rack Reverse Lunges.  Its not really a pain thing, but I really struggle with anything over 85 lbs, (the girls weight is usually 95 lbs for these) 

I've never thought to leverage the Amish for DOMS. Do they pick stuff up for you, like a barn raising? 

I am fully in the 2nd day DOMS group. 

What might be helpful is to do progressions on some of the lifts you're struggling with the full movement. Like before you do a clean, you just practice getting it to your hips from the floor. Then you practice from your hips to the clean. Then you link it all together. 
It's a barn raising, followed by a paddling, but you feel AMAZING afterwards.  Def look it up next time you're in Pennsylvania Dutch Country.

As for second day DOMS.  I always forget I have it until it happens.  Which is why it kinda started coming in on Tuesday night/after I did kickboxing and then Wednesday morning was a 'oh no' moment.

We haven't been doing any lifts yet, besides the normal bench press.  It's mostly kettle bells and the half movements you mentioned above.  I haven't lifted the bar above my head while at the class, and that doesn't seem to be the goal of the exercise classes (whereas the Oly lifting next to use is super intense).

It also dyes your cabinets green when it accidentally tips over and leaks out!

Back