Now, for the wait ....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Techie_Junkie_PE_LEED_AP

PE, LEED AP, Ponderer of the abstract
Reaction score
Hang in there! Try to relax and completely forget about the exam for a few months. Decompress the brain and recharge the mind. Catch up with family, friends and the rest of the world. Enjoy the Spring.

I'm sure most of you have researched and have an idea of when your state can expect the results.

Relax and don't torture yourself too much! :smileyballs: (I know I tortured myself, but it doesn't change anything)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ If you know you got 80/80 like some people while only using your CERM as an armrest, you already know you passed and are probably in negotiations to be the new NCEES chairman of the board!

^ If you know you got 80/80 like some people while only using your CERM as an armrest, you already know you passed and are probably in negotiations to be the new NCEES chairman of the board!
Their health benefits package sucks. I decided to stick with my meat packing job. The union takes care of me.

^^ mafia b!tch - throw a David Ortiz jersey in the bratwurst grinder would ya?!

^^ +1. I joined a few days before my test so thankfully did not get hooked to the board as much as I am now. But the wait was definitely made "shorter" by EB.

It doesn't really take that long, does it? A young engineer I know said he'd know in a couple of weeks.
Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but 8-9 weeks is that absolute earliest you will see results. NCEES says to expect 12 weeks, that's worst case.

^ Nice job on the 3000 posts my pozzolan laden friend.

You newbs should consider yourselves lucky that there are so many topics and posters here these days. Back in the day there were like 7 members and weekends were a ghost town.

Come on! I was messing with them. :)
OK??? Glad you already have your PE. I guess I can't imagine being on this or any other boards even a second after I receive my "pass" letter. But, having said that, I am a government worker, so heck, I probably will poke around the message boards a bit even after I pass.......

After a month when people start posting fake result threads, it makes the wait go quicker.
I guess the wait to get those first 6 weeks pass to post a fake thread will keep us (on the other side of the fence) restless!! Let's see who takes the honors this time. I am sure no one's gonna beat you to that.

OK??? Glad you already have your PE. I guess I can't imagine being on this or any other boards even a second after I receive my "pass" letter. But, having said that, I am a government worker, so heck, I probably will poke around the message boards a bit even after I pass.......
There are a lot of us on this board who are already Professional Engineers. The reason I originally got involved was because I was waiting for results. There was a lot of support here and it helped. I worked in industry and was the only one in my office who even cared about a PE. So, I needed a community of people who cared and found it right here. Besides the fun and games, there is a lot of serious stuff - career info, technical help, referrals to help find information. We also help those who have not passed. I never thought I would be a "regular" here, but it grew on me. I recently changed jobs and had some very difficult days with my former employer. These guys helped get me through. Is it weird to have "electronic friends"? Maybe. Hang around, though. We're here for you. :)

I just keep telling myself...at least I don't live in California.
I feel for the people waiting in CA... I know your pain.

Based on experience, the results won't come for you until early August. The board website shows the board meeting on May 8th (the results most likely will not be ready by then) and again on July 24th (then add two weeks for the mailing). I called the state board when I was waiting and tried to discuss the scheduling with them, it was a combination of :brickwall: and :deadhorse: . I'm sure after I finished my call with them, they did a little of this :Locolaugh: .

There are a lot of us on this board who are already Professional Engineers. The reason I originally got involved was because I was waiting for results. There was a lot of support here and it helped. I worked in industry and was the only one in my office who even cared about a PE. So, I needed a community of people who cared and found it right here. Besides the fun and games, there is a lot of serious stuff - career info, technical help, referrals to help find information. We also help those who have not passed. I never thought I would be a "regular" here, but it grew on me. I recently changed jobs and had some very difficult days with my former employer. These guys helped get me through. Is it weird to have "electronic friends"? Maybe. Hang around, though. We're here for you. :)
Well, I was trying to maybe be a little funny with my last post and mainly after posting and reading........well, I wasn't trying to be insulting or not nice. Sorry if it came across that way.

In all seriousness, I can totally see the benefit and value of a forum like this. I have worked for the same company, a dot, since graduation in may '01. Outside of my friends here, I only have one real good friend that I have known from high school that happens to be a transportation engineer in the private world. So, my opinion and view of private vs. gov't is skewed and limited. It's something I struggle with often, the decision to stay or go. The security and being able to go home everyday at five, or heck 330 if I want to come in at 630, is hard to beat. The benefits really aren't as good as most people think other than the time off.........i probably get double what i would going private, BUT and it's a big but, the salary progression can be a joke at times............anyway, getting off track, different post for a different thread.

My point only being, I can see the value in being able to get input and opinions from a much larger group of people in my profession. And, the "other board" as well as this one have really been invaluable in preperation for taking the exam.

Now to actually hit the topic of the thread, based on when results have come out for the April exam in recent years, I am actually expecting results the first, maybe second week of june. Especially since the exam was a week earlier than it has been in the past. But, I wonder that due to the new construction module, maybe it takes longer, don't know.

Back