NJ PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:party-smiley-048: I got my letter today. Passed electrical power PE. Out of school 29 years as of May. What a struggle. Not sure what was worse, application process, studying, taking the test or waiting 2 weeks after everyone else to get the letter! ( first one got lost in mail somewhere).

Books are packed far- far away.

YAHOO !!

:party-smiley-048: I got my letter today. Passed electrical power PE. Out of school 29 years as of May. What a struggle. Not sure what was worse, application process, studying, taking the test or waiting 2 weeks after everyone else to get the letter! ( first one got lost in mail somewhere).

YAHOO !!
Good for you, I've been waiting for this post.

YAHOO !!
Congrats!

Can you tell me which books you used, what material you brought to the test?

Thanks!

why does New Jersey take so long, some of these I see are beginning of June! / December! sometimes Jersey makes you wait until July/January. CRAZY

YAHOO !!
Congrats!

Can you tell me which books you used, what material you brought to the test?

Thanks!
1. EERM - new version Camara

2. EERM - old version I had, 1983 by Yarborough, this had a lot of the same material at version above but a bit more of the power stuff. It also had a different version on lighting section which I thought was much better. See if you can find it on the web somewhere.

3. Protective relaying by Lewis Blackburn, this is a great must have book. The first half is very helpful. Read and re-read this, keep a copy in the bathroom!

4.NEC handbook (not code book) - read all the examples at end and know how to use the tables, pay attention to the small footnotes.

5. NCEES practice exam.

6. Elec eng handbook.

7. Schaums outline electrical power systems

8. Electrical Machinery & Transformers (Kosow) college text book

9. Electrical Power systems (Eaton) college text book

10. Power system analysis (Stevenson) college text book

11. NESC (code book not the handbook)

12. I also made up a handwritten - bound reference of stuff I collected with "cook book" type stuff on each subject.

Good luck.

I'm getting closer ! :pASSED2: Got the license activation form from the state yesterday. Did anybody get the wall certificate yet? How does it look? Cheesy or official?

My license number was added to the NJ board website yesterday. I guess that means they processed my activation application.

I'm getting closer ! :pASSED2: Got the license activation form from the state yesterday. Did anybody get the wall certificate yet? How does it look? Cheesy or official?
I got a letter a few weeks ago asking for $80. It kind of implied it was for the wall certificate.

And then I got two things in the mail this week. One was a little 5"x5" license on tamper resistant colored paper. The other was a letter saying the license will be sent seperately within 15 days and that the wall certificate will be issued "at a later date".

So I'm guessing we just have to wait a bit for the nice wall certificate, but the small one looks like its the official license.

Anybody get info on when state issues wall certificate (or get it) from passing in April 2010? :waiting:

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe they will come sooner this time around because of the new online features.

otherwise, we've got 2.5 more weeks. the results always come the Saturday closest to Christmas. Since Christmas is a Saturday, I suspect they will be in our mailboxes, December 27.

wanted to awaken the NJ results thread....lets start the theories

maybe they will come sooner this time around because of the new online features.
otherwise, we've got 2.5 more weeks. the results always come the Saturday closest to Christmas. Since Christmas is a Saturday, I suspect they will be in our mailboxes, December 27.

wanted to awaken the NJ results thread....lets start the theories
How does the reporting in NJ work? NCEES email? letter?

the NJ license lookup is all whacked out today. The meeting is on Dec. 16th for NJ.

So maybe they are updating the license database today?

Back