NJ PE Next steps

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My suggestion: the people at the board are morons. They lose **** all the time. The remedy: send your paperwork either certified or via a trackable courier. Then when you call asking about the status, you can tell them that you know they have it when so and so signed for it. Because they will undoubtedly make the claim that they did not receive it.

Anybody know anything about the Law Exam? It is listed as 'Unchecked' on my MyLicense account, but i dont know anything about it. Was not included with the activation form.
Law exam is not needed for PE exam, you take the law exam for EIT.  It will remain as unchecked because they don't track it for PE exam, and they never updated the checklist to remove that item. 

In terms of actual license they should be processing it once the payment clears.

Great!. Just sent mine in yesterday. I believe its $40 for the initial, which expires 4/30/18 and then we have to renew again end of April and every two (2) years after that.

I sent money order and priority mail so that I at least know when they get it. Not taking any chances lol.

Great!. Just sent mine in yesterday. I believe its $40 for the initial, which expires 4/30/18 and then we have to renew again end of April and every two (2) years after that.

I sent money order and priority mail so that I at least know when they get it. Not taking any chances lol.
That is correct.  In April we pay $80 for 2 year renewal. Continuing education requirements start in April. 

I was going to send mine priority but took the gamble and got lucky. Now I'm just waiting to see if NJ will be nice and actually issue license by Christmas, or if they took off early for the holiday and make us wait. I think the anticipation of waiting for license to know that this is real is almost as bad as waiting for the test results. 

you know, if you wait until after april, you won't need to deal with the CE requirements for another 2 years

That is correct.  In April we pay $80 for 2 year renewal. Continuing education requirements start in April. 

I was going to send mine priority but took the gamble and got lucky. Now I'm just waiting to see if NJ will be nice and actually issue license by Christmas, or if they took off early for the holiday and make us wait. I think the anticipation of waiting for license to know that this is real is almost as bad as waiting for the test results. 
Oh okay...do you already know if they received it? Not sure about before Christmas, I'm in the Public Sector...bones crew here...Hopefully they put up the number online so I can at least order my seal.

Oh okay...do you already know if they received it? Not sure about before Christmas, I'm in the Public Sector...bones crew here...Hopefully they put up the number online so I can at least order my seal.
I sent check and it cleared my bank yesterday.  I looked online this morning and they have it updated in the license checklist, but they haven't issued any license number yet. 

I sent in my check last weekend and they processed it on Friday (12/22). Just got an email from the state today (12/26) with the specifications/requirements for a seal and my license number. Also said my formal certificate will be mailed in approx 2 weeks

I sent in my check last weekend and they processed it on Friday (12/22). Just got an email from the state today (12/26) with the specifications/requirements for a seal and my license number. Also said my formal certificate will be mailed in approx 2 weeks
Same here. Looks like they must have processed a bunch today. When you order stamp, make sure it includes GE. The 00 at the end can be left off

Same here. Looks like they must have processed a bunch today. When you order stamp, make sure it includes GE. The 00 at the end can be left off
Again congrats guys!! I got my number on Tuesday and my seal is coming in tomorrow..already have the digital seal!!

I still can't believe I passed sometimes!! I feel like I'm going to wake up from a dream lol!

Also, can't forget Happy New Year!!!

According to the NJ website, they tell you not to include the "GE" as per their guidelines posted here: Seal & Title Block Guidelines - NJ. See the Note on Page 2. However, the board told me it needs to be on there. I think that note needs to be revised, its a bit unclear how they want the number displayed.

According to the NJ website, they tell you not to include the "GE" as per their guidelines posted here: Seal & Title Block Guidelines - NJ. See the Note on Page 2. However, the board told me it needs to be on there. I think that note needs to be revised, its a bit unclear how they want the number displayed.
This is a typical NJ screwup. I sorted through this when I got my stamp from pestamps.com and they left the GE off my seal. Apparently the specs listed on the website is outdated.  It should include GE. The 00 at the end can be left off. 

The funny thing about this situation is that the specifications on the website appear to be newer and clearer than the file they emailed us. 

giphy.gif

I got the inside scoop on the NJ wall certificates. The bottom line is that not enough people pass the PE exam so we have to wait for more licensees be commity. In order for it to be beneficial to the board, they need to reach a certain quota before they proceed with ordering wall certificates, which usually occurs once a quarter.  

With all the wasteful spending going on, you'd think they'd be tight with spending in other areas. How much money could they be saving if they order say 300 certificates at once as opposed to 500. 

Back