New Jersey PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am severely disappointed in our certificate. It looks like I got my cosmetology license.

I am severely disappointed in our certificate. It looks like I got my cosmetology license.
Are you talking about the little blue-ish 4"x6"? I know what you mean...last week, I noticed that my barber had the same one hanging up in his shop. At least his had a little color photograph attached to it.

Do you know how we go about getting the bigger 8"x10" certificates?

I passed the April '07 exam in NJ... I got my license (barbershop license) in August and the 8x10 wall certificate followed in mid-November. Other people I know that passed in the past have said the wall cert took from two months to six months after getting the physical license.

just wondering.. how long did it take you to get your EIT certificate in NJ? I passed the April 09 FE and am still waiting on one.

just wondering.. how long did it take you to get your EIT certificate in NJ? I passed the April 09 FE and am still waiting on one.
First, Make sure that they have your transcripts. If they have them I would highly recomend calling. I never got my certificate after passing the EIT or submitting my transcripts. Although it didn't matter in Jersey since you can take both tests back to back, PA has a rule stating that you can not sit untill have 4 yrs experience after the issuance of the EIT.

So if you do not test for the PE in NJ, you may have a problem taking it somewhere else. They could change the law too, which wouldn't be good if you never got the EIT certificate in the first place.

First, Make sure that they have your transcripts. If they have them I would highly recomend calling. I never got my certificate after passing the EIT or submitting my transcripts. Although it didn't matter in Jersey since you can take both tests back to back, PA has a rule stating that you can not sit untill have 4 yrs experience after the issuance of the EIT.
So if you do not test for the PE in NJ, you may have a problem taking it somewhere else. They could change the law too, which wouldn't be good if you never got the EIT certificate in the first place.

Thanks for the info. I will call the board today.

Back