NCEES Texas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a sunken feeling. I am wondering if I cant pass after trying so freaking hard would I be able to ever pass.
I've been there. Don't give up. You've obviously put in alot of time, don't quit now. When I finally passed I focused on being more organized and condensing my study material. Stay positive.

Congratulations to everyone who passed!

And to those who didn't - the respect and professionalism you've displayed in congratulating those who did pass is truly admirable and heart-warming.

Never lose faith and never give up and I guarantee that you will reach your goal.

For those who are interested, the TBPE website has some grades posted now. (I just verified mine). I passed Electrical with a score of "84.00", but I'm not sure what that means exactly. I doubt I got an 84/80, but if I had gotten 67/80, that would be 83.75%, not 84.00% and 68/80 would haev been 85.00%

Does anyone have any insight on how to interpret the scores released by the TBPE?

Prorok-- thanks for posting this, I hadn't checked mine because it kept saying April's results weren't there; mine was, and it looks to be percentages.

Hello is your exam in Electrical - power . Congrats by the way

Thank you.

Re: power - goodness, no! I chickened out and took the Computer subdiscipline instead of the "Real EE" Power test. The TBPE site doesn't seem to differentiate, though. Exam type is simply listed as "PE (ELE)". Anyone who interprets that to mean I can reliably calculate the load on a motor will be disappointed.

For those who are interested, the TBPE website has some grades posted now. (I just verified mine). I passed Electrical with a score of "84.00", but I'm not sure what that means exactly. I doubt I got an 84/80, but if I had gotten 67/80, that would be 83.75%, not 84.00% and 68/80 would haev been 85.00%

Does anyone have any insight on how to interpret the scores released by the TBPE?

It's not a percentage. I'm pretty sure it's been beaten about on some old threads, but it's a scaled score. Regardless of what the raw passing number is on any exam, they set it equal to 70 and scale everything from there. So if the passing score for civil geotech is 52, it's set to 70. If mechanical HVAC is 49, it's set to 70.

scores are out! I knew I passed marginally! God be praised! That afternoon session challenged but did not overcome me!

yay I passed!!!

The TBPE website is showing the grades now.

Passed with an 84! Mechanical Fluids

I like to say that the closer you were to failing but passed, the more efficient you were! I did hear that someone got a 70 and failed. Does that mean a reverse curve?! I would fight that for sure.

I like to say that the closer you were to failing but passed, the more efficient you were! I did hear that someone got a 70 and failed. Does that mean a reverse curve?! I would fight that for sure.
I was definitely close!! I wonder if a 70 failing means a 70 on their scaled score? The whole scoring thing is complicated

I failed Mechanical (MD). The diagonostic report shows a score of 42. The tx website put it as 69. I am assuming I missed it by a point.

I am humbly asking the forum, is manual verification worth it. Do any body have sucsess with it.

Sorry - I remember reading in the FAQ that there has never been an instance of an exam going from failing to passing as a result of manual scoring.

I "donated" my money to NCEES for a manual verification when I received a 69. It came back as the same score. I don't even know if they really checked it. I did pass the next time around so don't give up.

Darn it, dhodges, you beat me. I got an 88.00 in Machine Design. Kidding. Congrats on the 90. I'm ecstatic that I got an 88.

The problem is I have exhausted 4 attempts. I guess I have to start a new application process over again even than I am not sure the board will approve my application.

mmukhan. I think you will have to wait a year and then reapply. I got pretty familiar with those rules because I was staring at it myself. I'd sat out three administrations of the exam before finally getting around to taking it on my 4th chance.

I would inquire about reciprocity with the board. Say for example, if you applied and took the exam in another state, ask if they would allow for reciprocity instead of you having to wait a year to apply again.

Back