NCEES Salaries/Budgets

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummmm...... mmmmmmm........ hmmmmmmm...........uhhhhhhhh......................... no.
Well let's just say you did, for argumentative purposes. And to establish said record, you had to go through the same rigmarole as when you applied to sit for the PE exam. Thins such as work history, school transcripts, and 5 (not 3) PE references plus the $100 fee. That's just for the application. Then it goes through a lengthy NCEES review process. 2-3 months later (assuming no info has been challenged), walla! You have a record with NCEES and are issued a card and number. Each time you'd like to have your record transmitted to a state jurisdiction for licensure, that will cost you around $70 (not including any state specific fees). In addition, to maintain your record on an annual basis, you must get an updated PE reference and update your work experience plus pay $25. Each year this must be done. Which is fine as this comes with the territory of being a record holder. 

Fast forward to June 2016 (I established my record in 2011). NCEES puts out a brief email indicating, "The Records system will be down for approximately 10 days for maintenance and various upgrades". Note that there was no mention of any user-interaction required at this point. Let alone any detailed information as to what was being done to the Records program. A few weeks later, those of us who keep tabs on these things, are now told that the Records system has "merged" with your MyNCEES account. Something I've not had to access since passing the PE exam. Once I get my login, there's a message that says we must have our Record "converted" so it can be integrated with MyNCEES. Takes about (2) weeks for that process. Another EB member discovered that only upon REQUESTING A RECORD TRANSMITTAL, that we must manually update our references to digital form (using the online interface) and have the said references RE-APPROVE. Not such a big deal for new Record holders and those in the application period, but for those of us legacy holders, it's very likely that it would be very difficult to track down our original references for re-approval. Some of us haven't had contact with them and/or changed jobs since then. For me specifically, 2 or 3 of mine are long since retired. So now we're supposed to re-establish our own record with new references because NCEES couldn't migrate their own data over electronically? Seems logical. But hey, they no longer require the $25 fee. :rolleyes:

And now you're all caught up. ;)

Again, I do appreciate the explanation from knight.  But, I still don't see the relationship of this to NCEES salaries, budgets, and 990s.  :I 

I want to move this thread because it has nothing to do with the PE Exam but I can't think of another appropriate forum either!  :S 

Good luck guys.  Hopefully you can work something out with NCEES where you won't have to reestablish your record application with references. 

Back