NCEES PE Electrical and Compuer Exam Sample Questions & Solutions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NVRSTOP

Reaction score
Check out what is for sale on the NCEES Website:

Each subdiscipline of the electrical and computer exam is now independent of the other, and there are no common morning questions as in previous administrations of the electrical and computer exam. The three subdisciplines are published in three separate books: Computer, Electrical and Electronics, and Power.

I would guess there will be a whole new round of reference manuals and study material for the new exam format.

I knew it! It is on backorder on their website - must not be quite ready yet.

Electrical Engineering Reference Manual for the Power, Electrical and Electronics, and Computer PE Exams (EERM8), 8th Edition

John A. Camara, PE , 2008, Hardcover, 8 1/2 X 11

The eighth edition of the Electrical Engineering Reference Manual is the most comprehensive reference and study guide available for engineers preparing for the new Power, Electrical and Electronics, and Computer PE exams. Over 375 example problems illustrate how to efficiently arrive at solutions, while sharpening your problem-solving skills. Key tables and graphs make it possible to work exam problems using the Reference Manual alone, and you will save valuable exam time by locating important information with the complete and easy-to-use index. Also included is a study matrix which allows you to create a personalized preparation schedule for your exam.

Power Exam Topics Covered

General Power Engineering

Circuit Analysis

Rotating Machines and Electromagnetic Devices

Transmissions and Distribution

Electrical and Electronics Exam Topics Covered

General Electrical Engineering

Digital Systems

Electric and Magnetic Field Theory and Applications

Electronics

Control System Fundamentals

Communications

Computer Exam Topics Covered

Computer Systems

Hardware

Software

Networks

I sure hope they put a helluva lot more time and material into the EERM for power now, because IMO it was not very helpful for the power depth--outside of motors--and now that the test will be all power. . .

I am tempted to buy a copy of the new sample NCEES power exam to take just for fun (and help out with questions here on the board), but maybe I'll wait until the next exam administration and hopefully pick one up on the cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's hardcore. I'm just cheap. Maybe I can convince the company library to buy it.

Hey Flyer,

I'm impressed. You are hardcore!

Be sure and let us all know what you think after you receive it.

I'm not giving up hope yet. MAYBE, just MAYBE, I could have passed this time.....

One thing that I DO know, is that I have PACKED EVERYTHING away and refuse to even look at it until after I hear word on the exam. Three or four months is plenty of time, and I doubt that there will be any earthshaking changes in the power area by then...

Wow, that's hardcore. I'm just cheap. Maybe I can convince the company library to buy it.

I am the company library (sort of). I don't think I can expense this one though. :D

Hey Flyer,
I'm impressed. You are hardcore!

Be sure and let us all know what you think after you receive it.

The sad part is that on the nerd scale, I'm probably tied for second place in our company (25 people total). One of my buddies has the rest of us beat hands down.

I'll definitely post a review when I receive it.

Hey Flyer,

Any info to report on your review of the new NCEES Electrical and Computer Power Sample Questions and Solutions Manual?

Thanks

I've looked at the book briefly. It appears, that with the exception of the NEC questions, they kept the old afternoon power module word for word. The NEC questions are updated for the 2008 code. The remainder of the questions appear to be new and I spotted at least one lighting question in my pass through the book.

Thanks Flyer.

If you run across anything else that you think would be useful information about the new material let us all know.

Back