NCEES Evening (PM) Sample Question 524

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opisthenar PE

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm having a little trouble understanding how this problem is solved. 

From my understanding, the total losses at 0% nameplate are from the open circuit test (Poc). I'm not sure why the solution is subtracting the power at 50% nameplate from the 0% nameplate for (P_50%) when we are already given the P_50% in the table.

Any references or topics I should look at would be greatly appreciated. I do have the Wildi and Power System Analysis books. 

Thank you

Friendly tip, most of the NCEES sample exam questions have been discussed here in one form or another (sometimes in multiple threads). Feel free to search for them and you should be able to find quite a bit of good info.  As to your problem specifically, see if this helps:

Friendly tip, most of the NCEES sample exam questions have been discussed here in one form or another (sometimes in multiple threads). Feel free to search for them and you should be able to find quite a bit of good info.  As to your problem specifically, see if this helps:
Thanks! That thread answered my question.

When I first posted this question, I actually looked at the index of solved problems first and I did not see it there. 

Back