NC folks...Watch Out

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, it's gonna curve even more to the east. I'm betting it doesn't even hit the CONUS.

Nothing more than a big rainstorm. Besides, being on the west side means nothing more than "you won't have to water your lawn for two days".

We've only got a 30% chance of rain for the weekend. They are calling for a mild breeze here, but I expect that to fade, too.

I'm taking tomorrow off to head down and rescue my boat. I think it's still close enough that a cat3 or 4 storm will do damage.

Merrimac, be safe out there!

Looks like I'll be going to N Myrtle Beach for a wedding this weekend. Friday and part of Saturday is going to suck, but hopefully it clears up so mini-ble can enjoy the beach a little. Mrs. Ble doesn't want to go, so mini-ble2 will be staying at home with her.

Merrimac, be safe out there!
Looks like I'll be going to N Myrtle Beach for a wedding this weekend. Friday and part of Saturday is going to suck, but hopefully it clears up so mini-ble can enjoy the beach a little. Mrs. Ble doesn't want to go, so mini-ble2 will be staying at home with her.
Careful with the tail of the storm. Sometimes those things are worst than the core of the storm. Rip currents and tornadoes are not rare when the tail is passing.

Ble, I heard that Myrtle Beach is under evacuation order. You may not be going to the wedding. If you do, be careful.

We are in eastern NC. There is potential for the eye of the storm to go right over us, so maybe I'm a little apprehensive. I've been through several bad hurricanes that came on shore very close to us. Our house is built well and can withstand hurricane force winds as well as any house we've had. But, there are concerns. We're close enough to water to worry about storm surge, but we think high enough that we won't have water in the house. Tornadoes are common on the back end of hurricanes and they are more destructive than hurricane winds. We know how to prepare and we'll be in the safest part of the house. My MIL will be with us because she lives closer to the coast, so we will be keeping her safe, too. Don't expect bad weather here until Saturday. I'll keep y'all posted.

Imagine the mess if it slammed into NYC as a class 2 hurricane (and it looks like a decent chance of that).
Edit: Found an interesting article at: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/203439/201...-evacuation.htm
My Mom lives 35-40 miles away from midtown Manhattan. I was actually supposed to help her settle into her new place this weekend, but we agreed to postpone due to the potential weather. They are supposed to get pounded in her neck of the woods.

Back