My guess is I missed it...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!
Reaction score
After working all the study problems and sample exams I'm pretty good at guessing my score. When I took the sample exams I would guess my score before looking at the answers. I knew how many I had flat guessed on and went from there and I got real good at guessing my score.

I flat guessed on 4 problems in the morning and took an educated guess (ie. narrowed it down to 2 answers) on 3 and I'm sure I missed about 5 to 7 more. I felt real good after the morning....If I had to guess I would say I got a 28 in the morning.

The afternoon didn't go so well. I flat guessed on 6 but I'm sure I got at least 10 more wrong because it was so tough. And it was confusing....it was hard to tell what they were asking for so I would guess my afternoon score was about a 24.

That puts me at a 52 for the day. I do not think my score was below 50 and I do not think it was over 54....I would say 52!

That puts me at a 52 for the day. I do not think my score was below 50 and I do not think it was over 54....I would say 52!
THat was about my feeling after I took it and I passed. Better to be cautiously pessimistic and then pleasantly surprised. So good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
THat was about my feeling after I took it and I passed. Better to be cautiously pessimistic and then pleasantly surprised.
I agree with benbo. i was so sure I failed I didn't even bother to unpack my materials or put away my study area. I passed. Best to expect failure and pass than the other way around.

Now the WAIT!!!
And as Tom Petty once said, "The waiting is the hardest part."

One thing that messed me up in the afternoon was the lady telling the LS people their time was up.

I nailed the first 5-7 afternoon problems and was feeling really good. Then I ran into stretch of problems that I couldn't work right away so I skipped them and kept working the ones that I could get. Then before I knew it the lady got the microphone and said 15 minutes left, then 5, and so on. At the last minute I had to flat guess on 18 problems. I then put my pencil down and noticed everyone else still working....then I realized the group right behind me were LS examinees so she was talking about their time was up not ours. This was a complete mistake on my part.

Then I couldn't figure out which of the 18 I had just bubbled in without even reading the problem. So I started from the back of the afternoon exam and tried to work as many as I could. I was able to work several of the 18 and had to erase each of the ones I had guessed on. My confidence went from sky high to super low and dragging. I really think that mistake cost me about 30 minutes and a lot of confidence. Had I not made that mistake and had to do all the erasing and so forth I bet my score would have been at least a few points higher. Gosh that was such a bummer.

This was my mistake but they really should put the 2 groups in separate rooms or something. Surely, I’m not the only one that has ever made that mistake. That may be the difference in passing and failing.

:hung-037:

This is all guessing and speculation but what else is there to do in the coming weeks, lol

I think the probability of my score falls in the orange area with 52 being most likely. I also think the probability of the cut score is in blue. And the probability of me passing is in the small overlapping area....lol!

:bawling: Probability.jpg

This is all guessing and speculation but what else is there to do in the coming weeks, lol
I think the probability of my score falls in the orange area with 52 being most likely. I also think the probability of the cut score is in blue. And the probability of me passing is in the small overlapping area....lol!

:bawling: View attachment 2917
I like how the probability that you scored anything over 54 abruptly falls to absolute zero. You'd think at least it would asymptotically approach that level.

Last edited by a moderator:

:bawling: View attachment 2917
You should come up with something like the Indexed posts...

One thing that messed me up in the afternoon was the lady telling the LS people their time was up.
I nailed the first 5-7 afternoon problems and was feeling really good. Then I ran into stretch of problems that I couldn't work right away so I skipped them and kept working the ones that I could get. Then before I knew it the lady got the microphone and said 15 minutes left, then 5, and so on. At the last minute I had to flat guess on 18 problems. I then put my pencil down and noticed everyone else still working....then I realized the group right behind me were LS examinees so she was talking about their time was up not ours. This was a complete mistake on my part.

Then I couldn't figure out which of the 18 I had just bubbled in without even reading the problem. So I started from the back of the afternoon exam and tried to work as many as I could. I was able to work several of the 18 and had to erase each of the ones I had guessed on. My confidence went from sky high to super low and dragging. I really think that mistake cost me about 30 minutes and a lot of confidence. Had I not made that mistake and had to do all the erasing and so forth I bet my score would have been at least a few points higher. Gosh that was such a bummer.

This was my mistake but they really should put the 2 groups in separate rooms or something. Surely, I’m not the only one that has ever made that mistake. That may be the difference in passing and failing.

:hung-037:
damn dude that sucks! I was one of those LS people too - well, not specifically in your test group. . .- I had totally booked in my exam before they did the time warnings for the LS peeps so I wonder if it affected any of the PE test takers in my group. They should separate the groups, although out of probably 60 test takers at my site, only 3 of us were writing the PS - not much reason to book separate rooms.

I kept close watch on my watch. . .thats the only thing I could offer - that does suck though, i'm sure it took its psychological toll

the best advice i can give you is after this week do your best to forget about it until christmas. I actually was able to do that in april. I didnt start thinking about the test again until June. It was quite nice to not worry about it for a while.

Back