Mug shots

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frazil

Master of the Boondoggle
Reaction score
So I just went to have some passport pictures made. While the girl was taking the picture I tried to smile a little so I looked pleasant but not so much that I looked silly. Instead, when she printed them out I saw that I looked pissed and a little scared. Makes me wonder what my normal everyday expression is like :huh:

Maybe that's why people seem afraid to talk to me?? :happy:

Hmm, how do you go from smiling politely to looking like you're mad and scared?

But good for you!! I like to hear that people still like to travel abroad these days!

did they redo the picture to your satisfaction? That's one of the benefits of the digital age. For license photos mowadays they shoot, turn the screen at you and ask if you like it. If not, they delete it and shoot another one.

Actually, the last time I had my driver's license renewed, the girl asked if I wanted a new picture or stick with the file image from 5 years ago. I stuck with the old one. Less gray hair and more of it, too.

<------------- 6'3" ... 270 lbs ... Hair cut: Regulation-style high and tight

I was told all my mug shot needed was wrap around sunglasses to look like one bad !@#$%&*

:happy:

JR

I didn't have it redone. I don't really care and the picture wasn't that bad. But it troubles me a bit that when I think I'm smiling and happy I actually look a little bitchy! :huh:

I'm going to have to spend some time in front of a mirror working on my "Pleasant Face" :happy:

didn't have it redone. I don't really care and the picture wasn't that bad. But it troubles me a bit that when I think I'm smiling and happy I actually look a little bitchy!
Well, next time you are super pissed, look in a mirror. Maybe then you will look all warm and jovial.

Hopefully your passport office will accept the smilely picture... the person taking my photo had to take another photo because I had smiled... they said the passport office would deny photos where people smiled...they want true to life expressions since no one is going to be all happy and cheery when waiting in customs lines :happy:

You guys should have seen my PE app. picture. I was working long hours on night shift, needed a haircut, and hadn't shaved in a few days. I looked like a criminal. I was actually worried that they wouldn't let me take the test after a shave and a haircut.

But good for you!! I like to hear that people still like to travel abroad these days!
I'm on a diplomatic mission to Alderon.

Hopefully your passport office will accept the smilely picture... the person taking my photo had to take another photo because I had smiled... they said the passport office would deny photos where people smiled...they want true to life expressions since no one is going to be all happy and cheery when waiting in customs lines :huh:
:happy: In that case my picture is perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on a diplomatic mission to Alderon.
You are a member of the rebel alliance and a spy! Take her away!

darth_vader.jpg

Don't worry too much. The new passports have so many anti-counterfeiting measures, your picture is hard to even see through the hologram.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^^yeah, sometimes technology can be really :brickwall:

I remember when everything used to be "simpler is better."

Recently, I have had the oppurtunity to go through a bunch of my 'filed' things ... among them is the ID badge issued to me when I worked for FEMA. It is funny because I was picked up when the F4 tornadoes struck Kissimmee in Spring 1998 and they needed hands to help with El Nino events across the entire state of Florida.

Because of the security, background checks, etc. I wasn't 'officially' issued a badge until after about a week into the operation. In that week I was working 16-hr days Mon - Sat with Sunday serving as a travel day to the next destination. When they finally took my photo for the ID badge (which I wasn't given notice) I was unshaven, hair grown out, and sleep deprived.

If you didn't know any better ... you would think picture below was my mug shot.

1046954702khalidshaikhmohammed.jpg

Ouch !!
13.gif

JR

:lmao: I think I've seen you on a poster in the post office.

so are you going on a trip Frazil?

or just keeping it updated "just in case"

mine expires next year, I rarely use it, but an up to date passport sure makes your life easy if god forbid you loose your drivers license or anything else....

an up to date passport sure makes your life easy if god forbid you loose your drivers license or anything else....
I lost my drivers license sometime two weeks ago. I was fretting over what I needed in order to get a new license. It turned out that all I needed was to give my SSN. :)

JR

I'm booked on a 3 day, 2 night, all expenses paid trip to Canada -- it's for a conference in June. I don't know that I need a passport for Canada, but it was a chance to apply for one through work.

Back