Minnesota Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my results yesterday as well.

I passed!!!!

No more Studying!!!!!

That's great codd0006!!

It's party time!! :party-smiley-048:

It's officially a joke. Why does this state always choose the really f'n complicated way of doing everything?

So with the pass letter I love how they tell you that since it is a renewal year, you can send in your license and $120 now and then pay for a renewal after June 30th or you have to wait until after July 1st to send in your license fees and then you're good to go. Sure doesn't sound like a money scheme at all does it? I swear this state could find a way to make making kool aid complicated.

Well I got the dreaded letter today. :brickwall: Kind of bummed since I thought I did just enough when I took the exam. In the end its my own fault for really only using 2 books for the test. (I had the CERM book and a College Geo Tech book, which I thought was my weakest area.) When I got to the afternoon section and we had specific questions I got killed. :deadhorse:

Diagnostic

Breadth - Construction 88% (7/8)

Breadth - Geo 62% (5/8)

Breadth - Structures 88% (7/8)

Breadth - Transportation 62% (5/8)

Breadth - Water Resources & Enviromental 50% (4/8)

Traffic Analysis 56% (5/9)

Geometric Design 75% (9/12)

Transportation Planning 67% (2/3)

Traffic Safety 33% (2/6)

Other Topics 70% (7/10)

Total Score 53/80

Need 56/80 to pass.

Looks like if I had taken the MUTCD and the ASHTO Road Design books I would have had a strong chance at getting the 3 more I needed.

What books did you all take to the exam??

Atleast I know I am not too far off and I'll just have to buy the extra texts since my employer doesn't have any of the Design Standard Texts. (Well not ones from the 70's which we all laugh about at work.)

Sorry to hear that Steiner. You are right, you're almost there.

Get those (new) texts and kick that exam's ass in October!

minnesotacivil: Yes, the state of MN makes you bend over with that license fee. I would just pay the fee on or after July 1. The thing is, you won't be on their website as a PE for 6 months. They usually only update the website twice a year.

Well I got the dreaded letter today. :brickwall: Kind of bummed since I thought I did just enough when I took the exam. In the end its my own fault for really only using 2 books for the test. (I had the CERM book and a College Geo Tech book, which I thought was my weakest area.) When I got to the afternoon section and we had specific questions I got killed. :deadhorse:
Steiner-

I took the transpo depth as well. There were definitely some look up questions from the recommended transpo texts from the ncees website. At a minimum I would take in the AASHTO "green book", the HCM the MUTCD and the ITE Traffic Engineering handbook. I had all but the ITE book, and I know I missed 1 or 2 questions because they were lookups from the ITE book. I also had the AASHTO Roadside design book and the PCA book but didn't use either (doesn't mean they won't be needed next time though). A person can definitely get through the morning session on the CERM alone, but the afternoon part will require the previously mentioned references.

Good luck!

I got my test results on last Friday. I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ended up working the rest of the day. Went to Buffalo Wild Wings after work and stayed until closing. Bar tab was $100 plus!!!

I didn't care because I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mail-296: :pASSED2:

By the way, why does the MN board have to make everything so difficult??????????????????? (I know that others have posted on this as well but I need to vent somewhere!!!) Why can't we pay right away with a copy of our results letter? I think they could screw up a 2-car parade.

:multiplespotting:

P.S. Thanks Kevo55 for all your help with structures. I just wish I could figure out how I did in each subject area!

Congrats owillis28!!!!!!!!!

I too wish they would give at a minimum a diagnostic to the people who pass. It would be nice to know how we did in each area as well.

I got my test results on last Friday. I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ended up working the rest of the day. Went to Buffalo Wild Wings after work and stayed until closing. Bar tab was $100 plus!!!

I didn't care because I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mail-296: :pASSED2:

By the way, why does the MN board have to make everything so difficult??????????????????? (I know that others have posted on this as well but I need to vent somewhere!!!) Why can't we pay right away with a copy of our results letter? I think they could screw up a 2-car parade.

:multiplespotting:

P.S. Thanks Kevo55 for all your help with structures. I just wish I could figure out how I did in each subject area!
That great owillis!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! :party-smiley-048:

I can understand your frustration with the MN board. I will not name him/her here but I do have an arch nemesis and they happen to work there. :smileyballs:

No problem on the structures. I am always happy to help.

It is a good day!!! :multiplespotting:

Anybody know how long it take to turn around a license number after you mail in your registration and the all important moolah?

I seem to remember it being 1.5-2 weeks.

You never really know with those people though.

Ok I'm back :th_rockon:

Well I felt a lot better this time around. I went to the exam with all the recomended texts!! There was only one question in the morning I "guessed" at. (I eliminated 2 of the 4 so it was a 50-50 chance.) The pm part I felt a lot better and had a smile on my face when I got to the first reference question. I remember how lost I felt without the books 6 months ago!!

I just wish I could find out the results sooner then 9-12 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck Stiener!

I'll be pulling for ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back