Map: April 2013 PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Called MD board. Lady who answered was ready with her answer almost even before I ask. "No, We have not received them yet." I ask "You have not received them from NCEES?" She responds: "Not yet". I ask: "Do you know of a time line?" She responds: "May be about a week?".

I half believed her knowing I have no choice.
So it seems like this is what is going on for these states.
NCEES released the results last Weds (presumably to every state at the same time, but obviously confirmed for the states that released their results the same day)

Some states, like PA and MD, use PCS to handle most of the process. According to another member of this board, PCS claims that they didn't receive the results from NCEES until Friday (maybe they contacted the state, the state responded to send to PCS, and then they sent to PCS? Don't know why it wasn't on Weds...)

PCS started "reconciling data" yesterday.

For the larger states they are claiming that "reconciling data" will take about 1 week.

After that, they will then send the results to the state boards, who will then give the go ahead for PCS and NCEES to release the results.

This date (the only one important to us) has not been narrowed down yet, and talking to different state coordinators leads to different answers. NJ said early this week. VA said late this week, early next week. PA said "by the end of next week".
Thank you! I called the board today and spoke with someone who was clueless. This explanation is so helpful!! Hopefully MD is small enough that we'll get the results this week... I'm so frustrated!
See my post, #367. We should be getting our results this week.

There is just something very wrong with Guam releasing results before some states in the Union.

Alaska is a pain to color in. Also, a new addition this time... Guam!

5/22: MI, AR, KY, TX, AZ, OH, LA, IA, WA, UT, CO, OK, CA, NH, NM

5/23: IN, FL, GA, NY, NC, VT, DE, DC, AL (Mailed), NE (Mailed), MN (Mailed), W.V. (Mailed)

5/24: SC, MO, NV, ID, TN (Mailed), KS (Mailed), OR (Mailed), ND (Mailed), SD (Mailed)

5/28: IL, AK

5/29: NJ, Guam, CT

1SzwcVb.png
Thank you snobumPE for your time :)

Rumour on the street is that WI is up now.
That is accurate , see you in OCT :wave2: :(
Sorry to hear that...been there, done that, hope to not have to do it anymore...time will tell (I guess within the next week)

"Never give up, never surrender"

Good luck and start with the areas you didn't do well on (I should have done that but insisted on following the course I took)

curious about what review courses you guys took and passed or failed with?

i did self-study. still waiting on my results but if i failed i want a good course...

i did self-study. still waiting on my results but if i failed i want a good course...

Me too. I didn't take a course, but if I didn't pass the first time I'm going to take one. Still waiting on VA to find out if I need to...

I did PPI which was basically self study (not sure what I paid for?!?!!) and didn't pass. Then I took School of PE and didn't pass but improved a great deal (wish I did that first and not PPI) Re-took School of PE let's see what happens, there were a few things that helped the next time around and I discovered self study portions were related to several questions on exam...also realized where I make my common mistakes (it is in the units and making sure all are converted to the same...example I kept at a problem redoing what I was calculating using kVA for the units and then with 5 minutes remaining realized they gave it to me in Ohms!!! finally came up with an answer for that problem!!)

If you don't have kids or your kids are young, I also recommend to keep at it at this stage until you pass...it is extremely hard when your teenager is involved in things and needs to be carted around everywhere. Also the older you are the harder it is to study!!!

I did PPI which was basically self study (not sure what I paid for?!?!!) and didn't pass. Then I took School of PE and didn't pass but improved a great deal (wish I did that first and not PPI) Re-took School of PE let's see what happens, there were a few things that helped the next time around and I discovered self study portions were related to several questions on exam...also realized where I make my common mistakes (it is in the units and making sure all are converted to the same...example I kept at a problem redoing what I was calculating using kVA for the units and then with 5 minutes remaining realized they gave it to me in Ohms!!! finally came up with an answer for that problem!!)

If you don't have kids or your kids are young, I also recommend to keep at it at this stage until you pass...it is extremely hard when your teenager is involved in things and needs to be carted around everywhere. Also the older you are the harder it is to study!!!

Thanks for the tips! I purchased my books through PPI so the class was there but I never used it. I hope third time's the charm and you pass, good luck!

No one offers a course in my discipline (Architectural Engineering) so only self study here... Hopefully it was enough (Come on PA!)
They have an architectural engineering test now? Is that just in PA?
Here are the states that recognized it in 2012:

http://www.asce.org/uploadedImages/aei/Continuing_Education/MapofStatesStatus-2012.jpg

I think they started the exam in about 2008. The only references available specific to this exam is a practice problems/solutions book and a binder study guide that came out about a month before this exam.

SD results came by mail on Saturday 5/25.
Dammit, I haven't lived in ND long enough to have any good SD jokes yet.
Did you hear that the governor's mansion in South Dakota burned down? Almost took out the whole trailer park!

Why do ducks fly over South Dakota upside down? There's nothing worth crapping on!

How do you know the toothbrush was invented in South Dakota? If it was invented anywhere else, it would have been called a teethbrush.

Why are there so many unsolved murders in South Dakota? There are no dental records and everyone has the same DNA
Today I learned that South Dakota is the West Virginia of the North Central plains...
I heard the exact same one liners about Tennessee on a rafting trip one time.
Whoa, that went south really quick for me!

Long time lurker, first time poster... I passed Civil - Transportation! :)

I took the review course offered by UWM... it was a pretty good refresher on the bredth section so I could focus most of my study time getting used to my transportation references.

Back