Map: April 2012 Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to throw this out there for those still waiting. I was one of the anxious ones hitting F5 all the time. What I found was that I recieved notification via email that results were posted. When I hit F5 again on the already open page, it still showed as unavailable. I had to log out and then log back in for it properly refresh. I had the same issue on my iphone.

Maybe it was just me, but wanted to let those waiting know what I had to do.

I wanted to throw this out there for those still waiting. I was one of the anxious ones hitting F5 all the time. What I found was that I recieved notification via email that results were posted. When I hit F5 again on the already open page, it still showed as unavailable. I had to log out and then log back in for it properly refresh. I had the same issue on my iphone.

Interesting, thanks. Was this a PCS email or an NCEES email, and can you tell what the sending email address was? Then us gmail users can set up a filter to forward messages from that address to our phone as text messages for the fastest notification. :)

New Map Style, Added CT and HI

Sorry for changing colors on you, too.

jtO8K.png

thanks! I received an email from NCEES and logged in.

For those of you that were concerned about the PCS website, my account page STILL says the following:

Pending Examinations

Connecticut PE Exam

Exam details at ncees.org

Schedule application date: 02/06/2012

Eligibility sent to NCEES

Exam Results

Connecticut FE Exam

Pass

So what in the world does PCS do other then take our money? Obviously the NCEES sends out the results directly, or they would have updated people's credentials on there login page.

So what in the world does PCS do other then take our money? Obviously the NCEES sends out the results directly, or they would have updated people's credentials on there login page.
They coordinate test locations, supply proctors, and administer the test which is provided by NCEES. (I think that NCEES will also perform these services if you pay them to do so, but I'm guessing VA hires PCS because they're cheaper??)

They coordinate test locations, supply proctors, and administer the test which is provided by NCEES. (I think that NCEES will also perform these services if you pay them to do so, but I'm guessing VA hires PCS because they're cheaper??)
nope - NCEES does all that.

I don't know how much coordinating one has to do since I took my exam at a community college. Not to mention it seemed to be spring break for the area. As for the proctors at the site, they didn't even know VA own rules about excepted materials allowed in the exam room. I can honestly see how they would be cheaper. Cheaper is not always better.

nope - NCEES does all that.
Per their website:

• Obtaining and equipping facilities for administration of examinations;
  • Recruiting and training examining teams;
  • Scheduling eligible applicants for examinations;
  • Producing rosters of eligible applicants;
  • Maintaining permanent files for all candidates, making them available for clients upon request;
  • Procuring and providing test materials and related supplies;
  • Maintaining security throughout the entire examination process;
  • Ensuring proper disposition of examination materials, with particular attention paid to security that is required by non-disclosed examinations;
  • Issuing written and oral reports for clients;
  • Providing clients with on-line access to candidate and examination information.

Interesting, thanks. Was this a PCS email or an NCEES email, and can you tell what the sending email address was? Then us gmail users can set up a filter to forward messages from that address to our phone as text messages for the fastest notification. :)
Last time my email came from here for Massachusetts:

VA is definitely out. On NCEES and PCS. PASSED!!!!!!

Back