mail order drugs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineergurl

Resident Sweet Cheeks
Reaction score
somewhere between a rock and a hard place...
About 500,000 military beneficiaries age 65 and older with chronic health conditions are being forced, starting this month, to have maintenance drug prescriptions filled by mail order rather than in local retail pharmacies. TheTRICARE For Life (TFL) Home Delivery pilot is a yearlong program required by law. Defense Department health officials project it will save the government $120 million per year in retail drug costs and save beneficiaries $28 million a year in lower drug co-payments. Read the latest 'Military Update' to learn more about the Home Delivery pilot program.

That could be a lot of drugs being delivered.. they have been pushing active duty families to use the home delivery program as well but I just don't know if I trust it.

http://www.military.com/military-report/mandatory-mail-order-meds?ESRC=miltrep.nl

if there is a real pharmacy on the other end filling the scripts it should be ok....if they are trying to do it themselves then I might worry.

Meh, I think a lot of private employers' insurance plans have been doing this for a long time. My company started this about 10 years ago. I didn't like it at first either, but now I think it's kind of handy not to have to go to the pharmacy. The link says they are using ExpressScripts, which is the same pharmacy my company uses.

This got me to reading. I didn't realize how big ExpressScripts is... 24th largest company in the U.S., filling 1.4 billion prescriptions annually.

we still get a choice but the retirees are forced to use the mail order for maintenance meds. The company used changes from time to time

This got me to reading. I didn't realize how big ExpressScripts is... 24th largest company in the U.S., filling 1.4 billion prescriptions annually.
i see job adds for express scripts all the time since they have a office in the STL area.

Back