Lunch meeting with Owner

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkuhn

Reaction score
I recently passed the PE exam, Mechanical HVAC&R. Compensation and promotions have been discussed, but what else should I be asking for or about? I have an unofficial lunch meeting with owners/management to discuss some things, I'm guessing to discuss some of these things. I specifically want to ask about insurance and bringing work into the company. What else should be on my list of things to discuss?

Why are you asking about insurance? The engineering liability insurance has been already there and nothing will change. You can ask to be the qualifying PE of the firm if all owners are not licensed.

What study material did you use? Congrats though! I do agree with the comment made above though.

Why are you asking about insurance? The engineering liability insurance has been already there and nothing will change. You can ask to be the qualifying PE of the firm if all owners are not licensed.
I'm planning to ask about the insurance because I'm not sure how the liability insurance works. Being personally liable is new to me, and I want to know it covers the Engineer of Record. Is only the company covered, or does the policy cover me, personally.

What study material did you use? Congrats though! I do agree with the comment made above though.
Engineering Pro Guides textbook and practice exams.
NCEES practice exam
HVACR 6 minute problems

That's pretty much it. I worked through the textbook first, then worked through each test twice. I did read some ASHRAE chapters to prep for concept problems, but I'm not sure how much it helped.

I'm planning to ask about the insurance because I'm not sure how the liability insurance works. Being personally liable is new to me, and I want to know it covers the Engineer of Record. Is only the company covered, or does the policy cover me, personally.
Moneywise, you’re covered.

Back