lighting illumation engineering handbook

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kduff70

Reaction score
Is there any books that deal with lighting (illumination) calculation that may be question on the PE exam? I’m looking for some good illumination references for lighting

Camara Manual has a section of lighting. At least, the only lighting problem in the exam last month used a formula in the book, or you can just google "Handbook of Electric Power Calculations". There is a section dedicated to lighting design. The pros of the handbook is, it provides detailed explanation and maybe some example, while camara menual only lists the formulas.

While I had Camara, I never used its lighting section. Not that I tried, but ever sample test I took, the equation needed, was not in the book. I do not remember if I got this link from someone else on the forum (if I do, I apologize for not thanking you) or if I found it myself.

https://upupaepops.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/zonal-cavity-method-for-indoor-calculations.pdf

I found it to be very useful with not only a brief explanation of what the formula is, but why.

While I had Camara, I never used its lighting section. Not that I tried, but ever sample test I took, the equation needed, was not in the book. I do not remember if I got this link from someone else on the forum (if I do, I apologize for not thanking you) or if I found it myself.

https://upupaepops.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/zonal-cavity-method-for-indoor-calculations.pdf

I found it to be very useful with not only a brief explanation of what the formula is, but why.
Really?! I bought this book because a friend suggested, but only flipped a few pages. After the exam, I found the formula is actually included in the book, which gave me an impression that this book does cover everything. Anyway, I failed that problem:(

I do not recommend Camara for the lightning section and I second what Zorak has mentioned above.

I got most of my lightning calcs from the internet and they sufficed.

Back