Let the nervous countdown begin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VA results are out on PCS... I passed the Lateral, failed the Vertical (Buildings). I credit that to the crazy afternoon vertical problems. We'll see when NCEES puts out the results.

VA results are out on PCS... I passed the Lateral, failed the Vertical (Buildings). I credit that to the crazy afternoon vertical problems. We'll see when NCEES puts out the results.
Congrats on the Lateral! Got the hard part out of the way now.

In CA they assign license #'s upon passing the test? In IL you need to apply for SE licensure after you receive notification of acceptable exam results....a separate procedure...

Unless things changed in the past year, you have to apply in Illinois, and you have to be approved before you take the exam. After you pass, you are assigned your license number.

They recently changed in IL where you can take the exam before you meet your experience requirements and apply for a license after you meet that requirement, but as far as I know, the SE board hasn't gone with that approach.

California actually emailed me a PDF of my official congratulations letter and "temporary proof of licensure". gettin' all electronic up on it...nice job, CA!!!

its literally called "Congratulations.pdf" lol

Has anyone here ever heard of a results appeal actually overturning ncees results? I scored 23/40 in the am (lower than i expected, but in line with the avg passing score), but the afternoon sunk me with 2 ir, 1 acc, and 1 unacceptable. This is lateral buildings, by the way.

NCEES results up for MA. Officially failed lateral for 3rd time. FML.
Hang in there I just passed on my 4th try. Just like you will next time.
Congrats. Did you take them consecutively for two years? New ma rule says I have to wait a full year now to take the test again. Maybe it's for the best. Having this hang over my head for another year is very unappealing, though.

NCEES results up for MA. Officially failed lateral for 3rd time. FML.
Hang in there I just passed on my 4th try. Just like you will next time.
Congrats. Did you take them consecutively for two years? New ma rule says I have to wait a full year now to take the test again. Maybe it's for the best. Having this hang over my head for another year is very unappealing, though.
I had to wait a year after the third fail. Which was brutal cuz the test I failed was 19% repeat pass rate then I sat out a 42% repeat pass exam... Worked out in the end though... In the test cycle I sat out my first child was born and I sold/bought homes and moved twice...so I kinda needed the time off.

Looks like I'm all registered for the Vertical exam in April.

My diagnostic on the Vertical was 30/40 multiple choice and then 2/4 acceptable in the afternoon. The crazy afternoon prob's did me in. Hopefully better luck in April!

oh wow, I didn't know that some states set a "wait time" beyond the next exam, if you don't pass...that sucks :-/

I know that in MN there is a checkbox if you've taken it more than 3 times that indicates further requirements needed, what the requirements are I have no idea.

^^ See section 1800.0900 (#4).

You'll need to have "better qualifications" for this. Unfortunately, this could mean a review class, a few seminars, or even a class at the U.

You might want to call up the board on this.

Keep your head up and push on!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back