Kool or Ghey?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
So I have an old HS friend, major baseball fan, Atlanta Braves fan, every year he goes to this “Adult Fantasy Camp” sadly not what you think it would be… But basically every MLB team offers something like this and you essentially pay $4-$5K to be a baseball player for a week. You drive to the stadium, have a parking spot, get your name on a locker, get a uniform with your name on it.

They usually have one or two current players and some former players,… for example one year Tom Glavine and John Smoltz worked the “camp”. They basically put you through a fake week of baseball practice like you are on the team.

This usually takes place before the real team is there. Batting practice, drills, I think they even play a game with some former and current players?

I guess if you have the $$ but even if I did I couldn’t see myself idolizing anyone enough to pay that and give up a week of PTO??

I put it in the GHEY Column!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if your wife bought it for you as a present, or you want to see what it's like the first time, or even if you are a little league coach and maybe wondering if it will benefit you there--- not really cool, but not a big deal... to do it every year I would seriously question his sense of reality. Then again, I question a lot of peoples sense of reality, just look at all those people that dress up for comic con or war reenactments or renaissance festivals and stuff... pretend is cool as an adult in small doses maybe?

I say it is kool. If I had excess money...or maybe not. I would buy expensive photographic equipment. Still think it is kool.

I don't care what people do with their own money. That guy spends all his money on pretending to be a baseball player, other people might spend it on guns, cars, hunting, comic books, or scrapbooking. Hey, if it wasn't for outrageous hobbies, there would probably be a lot less cool industries and jobs out there to work in!

I don't care what people do with their own money. That guy spends all his money on pretending to be a baseball player, other people might spend it on guns, cars, hunting, comic books, or scrapbooking. Hey, if it wasn't for outrageous hobbies, there would probably be a lot less cool industries and jobs out there to work in!

^This. Not that I have any experience with outrageously expensive hobbies or anything.

What if you routinely post a picture of a ball and say "This is the hit that I got off Tom Glavine, HOF pitcher, at fantasy camp?"

Well now that's different - I don't care what people do with their money, but if they barrage me with the details then, yeah, that could be pretty irritating. Maybe even Ghey (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Then again, I question a lot of peoples sense of reality, just look at all those people that dress up for comic con or war reenactments or renaissance festivals and stuff... pretend is cool as an adult in small doses maybe?
Hey, I like to do those things (well no, not comic con, but ren fest yes). It's fun to dress up, just look at all the adults dressing up for Halloween. Nothing to do with sense of reality, unless a person actually believes they are who they dress up as.

Then again, I question a lot of peoples sense of reality, just look at all those people that dress up for comic con or war reenactments or renaissance festivals and stuff... pretend is cool as an adult in small doses maybe?
Hey, I like to do those things (well no, not comic con, but ren fest yes). It's fun to dress up, just look at all the adults dressing up for Halloween. Nothing to do with sense of reality, unless a person actually believes they are who they dress up as.
HEY! What's wrong with Comic Con?!!! <hides tickets behind back to this weekend's Comic Con in WI>

I don't know what you're talking about...

<attended each of the last 2 years at Denver Comiccon as a presenter>

I think Comic com is way different. Unless you paid to hang out with Billy Dee Williams an reenacted the Kessle Run..

My parents used to do war against northern aggression re-enacting. I thought it was ghey but at least I got a Musket out if it...

Nope, never did any re-enactments either... :p

812737_516856345002679_684501632_o.jpg

I'm referring to dressing up..hell yeah I'd go to comic con....but too chicken to dress up. I will dress up for ren fest, though.

I'm referring to dressing up..hell yeah I'd go to comic con....but too chicken to dress up. I will dress up for ren fest, though.
Actually, you'd look like one of the "weird ones" if you didn't dress up. LOL It's the same deal as Ren Faire (which we have as a big summer event in WI).

All I know is, Bruce Campbell (a.k.a. "The Chin") will be at this one. Hail to the king baby...

tumblr_ltal0cEMvM1qbcrkpo1_500.png

does Denver comic con do a parade? Dragon Con Parade is pretty epic..
No, but they do have costume design competitions and discussion forums including some rather well-known celebrities. I've seen George Takei, William Shatner, and my wife literally ran into Will Wheaton.

Back