Baseball 2022

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leggo PE

Straight Waffle-izer
Reaction score
After the complete load of crap that was the league-enforced 99-day lockout, and before baseball is totally run into the ground by Commisioner Manfred (whose only priority seems to be to be making the generally old white male team owners richer, rather than try to garner interest and market the sport so that it is appealing to the public), we finally have baseball again!

As much distaste as I have for the MLB itself, I am a diehard Giants fan and am relieved to have the sport back!

I’m very intrigued to see how this year goes, overall! Really, I would just like to see anyone but the Dodgers win the World Series.

Go Giants!

I've been to exactly 5 MLB games in my lifetime. 3 (once were free tickets as kid from school, and two times while on work trip) white sox, 1 (my sister got tickets from her boss's season ticket seats literally a few rows back from home plate) cubs, 1 cardinals

I did all my orientation stuff for the year, but I'm still on the fence about going back to the Reds. Used to be there were yellow shirts (up at the gates and stands dealing with drunken idiots) and there were red shirts (down in the tunnel or on the field...basically anywhere players/owners/VIP's may be). I always looked as red shirts being a couple notches higher just cause of who we were dealing with. This year they say they're lumping everyone together as gray shirts. Sorry, I didn't apply to be a drunken idiot babysitter. I mean, previous years, if a red shirt screwed up then they would get demoted to the yellow shirts. First home game isn't until Tuesday so we'll see.

I know there aren't any other NL East folks in here, so it probably doesn't hit as hard but did anybody else's day get 100 times better when they heard about Alec Bohm saying "I f-ing hate this place" talking about Philly??? Ahhhhhh I love it. 5 games in and the marlins and phillies have both had minor implosions.

No, just the blackouts for MLB.

I have a MLB.tv subscription for this season (it was free) and every Twins game is a blackout for me.

It looks like I'm going to have to get a VPN.

Either that or I'm going to be a Yankees fan.

I'm thankful for whatever deal the braves have with bally sports. Hadn't even heard of bally until last year but access is super easy and they carry almost every game- only excluding espn games and playoffs

Well, so far so good, but it's only been two games.

Showed up for (our) Opening Day and I was back at the visitor's clubhouse. That in itself was a change because, even when everything was getting back to normal last year, they still had the clubhouses curtained off so we unclean couldn't get too close to players. A little birdie told me that they're still going to keep everyone doing their same red shirt/yellow shirt duties and that the whole gray shirt thing is just to make it easier to shift people around if they're short staffed. Game yesterday I was at the Diamond Club so maybe that's the case.

Opening Day was fun. Cleveland, so I didn't know who any of their guys were. Coach Taylor and Joe Burrow were doing the first pitch so got to see them down in the tunnel. Couple other Bengals were there with them. 1) Joe Burrow is taller than I thought he'd be. 2) He looks like he's about 14 years old.

Game yesterday the Governor showed up. Just said "Hi" to him because, like my mom taught me, if you can't say anything nice.... Even better than that, I also got to talk with Joey Votto's mom for a bit. Players' families are allowed to come down to the Diamond Club to eat and then they asked if I would get her to her seat after. Did her a solid and was able to get her a seat out in the Diamond seats instead so she was front row behind where the players are when they're on deck.

Back