Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 13 y/o daughter has applied for the "computer science" career and technical education program at the high school for next year. I was hoping she would do the "pre-engineeing" program, but I guess computer science is ok.
A lot easier to find a job as a sys/network admin in 2021 than it is a high paying engineering job it seems!

teenHab asked me the other day when he can get his provisional school license. He's13, and the terrifying answer is he can get a permit in 2 months, and after 6 months of practice and a drivers ed class, he can apply to get his school permit to drive to and from school. (Not that this will happen... but it can) What happened to the get a permit at 15 or 15 1/2, license at 16 thing I had?

....... crap ......

I don't even trust my 14 year old daughter to walk down the stairs on her own. It'll be a cold day in hell before I put her in a motor vehicle any time soon...

Where the heck can you drive a car at 13 years old?!?
14, (he turns in March)
I don't even trust my 14 year old daughter to walk down the stairs on her own. It'll be a cold day in hell before I put her in a motor vehicle any time soon...
RIGHT!?!?!? I value my life too much to do this crap.
We will be able to use it as a bargaining chip though, since I won't let a kid who regularly acts like a toddler drive my car. He may be waiting a while, and I won't have time to take him out driving if I have to do all the chores he refuses to do.

RIGHT!?!?!? I value my life too much to do this crap.
We will be able to use it as a bargaining chip though, since I won't let a kid who regularly acts like a toddler drive my car. He may be waiting a while, and I won't have time to take him out driving if I have to do all the chores he refuses to do.

You can send him over to my house to do the chores I refuse to do as well!

****, I was learning how to drive at 12...on a 4-speed. Started with Dad letting me shift the gears while he drove.

it's 15 1/2 for a learner's permit in Ohio now. It was 16 when I was a kid, but it was only 15 in Florida, so we used Grandma's address to get me one down there when we were in town back in the day. Didn't really change anything because we lived far enough out in the country that I had already been driving for a while by then.

My 13y/o flipped out on my wife the other day after my wife asked her to help clean the table before dinner. The best part was when my daughter stormed off and accused my wife of being "such a Karen." God I love teenagers.

Does riding the lawn mower count as early drivers ed? minisnick will help cut the grass (~1acre) ever so often. We get the stuff close to the house, well head, etc... then just let him go on the rest.

all this week I just thought minisnick was going downstairs to use the second bathroom since mr snick was in the shower...he has been going down to get clothes out of the dryer to wear instead of folding/putting his clothes away.

Back