Just Submitted My Experience to NCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. That's a lot of licenses... Good luck.
yeah... my hope for only 1 license didn't even last a month.

BUT it's good. I'm on a client team based out of HQ and HQ is letting some of the regional office teams take over some of the reviews & sealing. And my regional office group is one of the teams that gets to do that. So it's good for my career. 

Edit: also my direct manager has 5 licenses, our civil team manager has 6-7?. I work in consulting - so if I left and went to a utility, I'd only keep one of those lol 

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: also my direct manager has 5 licenses, our civil team manager has 6-7?. I work in consulting - so if I left and went to a utility, I'd only keep one of those lol 
Yeah, my PM is licensed in at least 4 or 5 states, and could easily be licensed in 3-4 more if there weren't a bunch of people in other offices who could stamp things.

I know I'll eventually have a bunch of licenses, but it'll be at least a little while... And probably several years before I accumulate that many.

I had interviewed a few years back at an engineering firm, and one of the engineers I was interviewing with claimed he was licensed in all 50 states. It was an international engineering firm, so maybe he was telling the truth. I don't see why he would lie.

Can you imagine the amount of continuing education that guys does? Plus all the renewal fees? I'm sure the company pays for everything, but still. And for Florida, I know a certain number of hours have to in the Florida Building Code if someone is signing building plans. So some of his continuing education hours overlap, but some won't.

Maybe that's his sole purpose at the company lol Maybe he just does continuing education to maintain 50 licenses so the company can work in all states.

I had interviewed a few years back at an engineering firm, and one of the engineers I was interviewing with claimed he was licensed in all 50 states. It was an international engineering firm, so maybe he was telling the truth. I don't see why he would lie.

Can you imagine the amount of continuing education that guys does? Plus all the renewal fees? I'm sure the company pays for everything, but still. And for Florida, I know a certain number of hours have to in the Florida Building Code if someone is signing building plans. So some of his continuing education hours overlap, but some won't.

Maybe that's his sole purpose at the company lol Maybe he just does continuing education to maintain 50 licenses so the company can work in all states.
I met someone last year who is licensed in 43 of the states. Plus I think a province or two.

His company is large enough that it's really unnecessary and I'm fairly certain that their office group doesn't do work in 43 states.

That's just way too much to keep track of and I'm a very organized person. No thank you. Particuarly with how picky some states are about PDHs (hi NYS), double no thank you

yeah... my hope for only 1 license didn't even last a month.

BUT it's good. I'm on a client team based out of HQ and HQ is letting some of the regional office teams take over some of the reviews & sealing. And my regional office group is one of the teams that gets to do that. So it's good for my career. 

My boss has 9. 

I think I'm going to be up for getting additional licenses here soon. The next least licensed person here has 4. 

Well my school says they sent my transcript and ncees keeps saying they don’t have it.  Does anyone else’s school use the third party National Student Clearing House?  It sends them a notification with a tracking number and ncees has to retrieve it.   I went to NC State.

Well my school says they sent my transcript and ncees keeps saying they don’t have it.  Does anyone else’s school use the third party National Student Clearing House?  It sends them a notification with a tracking number and ncees has to retrieve it.   I went to NC State.
Most every other service I've used sends you an email once NCEES has received it. Did you get an email like that?

Most every other service I've used sends you an email once NCEES has received it. Did you get an email like that?
Yes, I did.  I called ncees and talked to a really nice lady today.  She called the school and an hour later it was approved ☺️

Got everything approved. Surprisingly, the experience was approved by ncees last night. I guess they work Sunday nights lol

Just transmitted my records for a TN license. #2!

There goes another $370.

Last edited by a moderator:
There goes another $370.
That's a lot of coin.

That's $55 for the application fee, $75 for the Record transmittal, $140 for the registration fee, and... A crisp $100 bill with the application to get it moved to the front of the line? (I just looked into it a couple days ago.) 😂

That's a lot of coin.

That's $55 for the application fee, $75 for the Record transmittal, $140 for the registration fee, and... A crisp $100 bill with the application to get it moved to the front of the line? (I just looked into it a couple days ago.) 😂
It was $175 for NCEES to transmit the record ☹️

Ditto.  I need to get this done (just for me to have the record), but I'm...very lazy.  And I don't need to stamp anything in government.  So, yeah?
Doesn't it make sense to wait for you to "need" it? I thought work verifications and references expired after a year or something like that. ???

Doesn't it make sense to wait for you to "need" it? I thought work verifications and references expired after a year or something like that. ???
It does. I did it because my employer brought it up and also, I wanted to go through it all once, so that I know how each element works.

Got my experience approved.  Took 15 days.  Not bad but not as fast as some reported here.

Latest posts

Back