Just got my butt kicked by the NCEES sample questions...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06dustin

Reaction score
Today I'm taking the sample questions like an exam... I've been studying for a few weeks, but apparently not enough! I flew through the morning portion, and instead of going back and checking my work like I would in the real exam, I just graded my problems. Took me 2hr 20min to take the first 1/2. Scored 19/40. I suck at life. :brickwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I'm taking the sample questions like an exam... I've been studying for a few weeks, but apparently not enough! I flew through the morning portion, and instead of going back and checking my work like I would in the real exam, I just graded my problems. Took me 2hr 20min to take the first 1/2. Scored 19/40. I suck at life. :brickwall:

19/40 Isn't bad for just a couple weeks of studying. But having only studied a couple weeks with only two weeks until the exam is somewhat pushing it.

When I took the PE exam last fall I felt it was easier than the NCEES sample exam.

19/40 Isn't bad for just a couple weeks of studying. But having only studied a couple weeks with only two weeks until the exam is somewhat pushing it.
When I took the PE exam last fall I felt it was easier than the NCEES sample exam.

I guess that's good news....lol

You're close. Slow down and you'll do fine. Are you taking power? Remember, you will only have power probs in the AM and PM (but I guess they have a prac test for that now.)

You're close. Slow down and you'll do fine. Are you taking power? Remember, you will only have power probs in the AM and PM (but I guess they have a prac test for that now.)
Yeah, the NCEES test I have is thus far all power.

But having only studied a couple weeks with only two weeks until the exam is somewhat pushing it.
Couple = about 8. my bad.

I took NCEES afternoon (never took the morning), and it was much harder imo. It took me closer to 10-12 min/solution and I was sweating bullets.

With 2 weeks you should focus on your specialty and only when you feel very comfortable w/r/t that would i try to fly through the morning section (since i thought it was easier and I had more free time to look through the CERM for answers for the morning section).

Just my 2 cents though.

Back