July 2020 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed surveying which was the last exam for me.  And just in the nick of time...I'm due to have baby #2 in two weeks, so it was a huge goal to get this buttoned up before the baby comes. What. a. relief.  To anyone still working their way through these exams...keep going. Just know that you are not alone, the process is painful for everyone, and you will get there soon enough! 
Congrats on the pass and the new baby!!

July 2020 results released today, Tuesday Aug 18th. I received my pass notice at 10:46AM PST.
Congrats to you.

I passed the survey. Took the seismic early this month. So 1 more month to wait 
Congrats to you too.

I took EET. Passed first try. If you put in the time (2 hours a day for about a month) you should be fine. Take all the practice exams too! It comes with 5.
And yes, congrats to you as well.

This is what I said earlier in this thread: Licenses are issued every other week.  Soonest it would happen with this run is August 28 provided applicant has satisfied all criteria
My coworker told me you need to go to NCEES website to submit application and tell them you passed all California specific exams (surveying and seismic), this is the first time I ever heard of.

My coworker told me you need to go to NCEES website to submit application and tell them you passed all California specific exams (surveying and seismic), this is the first time I ever heard of.
Your coworker is incorrect as it relates to licensing in California. NCEES doesn’t have any interest in whether you passed state exams. 

I emailed the board and they said this:

License numbers are issued every two weeks for all eligible applicants who have passed all required exams and fulfilled the Livescan/Fingerprint requirement. Once the Systems Analyst completes the verification process and it is determined you qualify for licensure, your license number will be issuedYour PE license number will then appear in ‘License Lookup’ on the CA Board’s websitehttp://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml 

Your wall certificate will be mailed to you in approximately 4 to 6 weeks after your license is issued. You will also receive a plastic pocket ID card in the mail in approximately 12 weeks after your license is issued.

I emailed the board and they said this:

License numbers are issued every two weeks for all eligible applicants who have passed all required exams and fulfilled the Livescan/Fingerprint requirement. Once the Systems Analyst completes the verification process and it is determined you qualify for licensure, your license number will be issuedYour PE license number will then appear in ‘License Lookup’ on the CA Board’s websitehttp://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml 

Your wall certificate will be mailed to you in approximately 4 to 6 weeks after your license is issued. You will also receive a plastic pocket ID card in the mail in approximately 12 weeks after your license is issued.
THANK YOU!! I emailed them also but didn't get a response yet (emailed to [email protected]), you use different email address?

I need my number badly so I can ask for bonus and of course - promotion!! They do not accept the email we received from BPELSG.

Based off a Feb 2019 thread, our timeline will probably be something like this:

8/18 results of passing last required exam

8/28 License Number issued

8/31 name appears on DCA website 

9/12 receive temporary paper pocket ID

9/20 receive paper wall certificate 

9/22 receive congratulation e-mail 

10/20 receive another paper pocket ID 

11/8 receive plastic permanent pocket ID 

Last edited by a moderator:
Based off a Feb 2019 thread, our timeline will probably be something like this:

8/18 results of passing last required exam

8/28 License Number issued

8/31 name appears on DCA website 

9/12 receive temporary paper pocket ID

9/20 receive paper wall certificate 

9/22 receive congratulation e-mail 

10/20 receive another paper pocket ID 

11/8 receive plastic permanent pocket ID 
are any of those paper items supposed to come through the mail?  😬

are any of those paper items supposed to come through the mail?  😬
I called the board today, they told me the wall certificate will come in mail within 3 to 4 weeks after they released our license number.

My crystal ball says before Labor Day we will get the number, have an awesome weekend! For those of you at bay area stay safe.

This is what I said earlier in this thread: Licenses are issued every other week.  Soonest it would happen with this run is August 28 provided applicant has satisfied all criteria
For those of you who passed, are you excited for tomorrow 8/28 to get your number? I cannot wait, not only I can formally submit my course/exam costs for reimbursement, most importantly getting a pay raise is what I need!!

For those of you who passed, are you excited for tomorrow 8/28 to get your number? I cannot wait, not only I can formally submit my course/exam costs for reimbursement, most importantly getting a pay raise is what I need!!
There’s nothing like that feeling and one you won’t ever forget. However, since the licensing is being ran tomorrow, your name won’t appear in license lookup until Saturday morning at the earliest and maybe Monday. Good luck 

Yes! My pay raise will go into effect as well! And I got promoted. Exciting stuff :) I hope I get a cool license # that's easy to remember.

There’s nothing like that feeling and one you won’t ever forget. However, since the licensing is being ran tomorrow, your name won’t appear in license lookup until Saturday morning at the earliest and maybe Monday. Good luck 
Good to know!

So are you saying we will receive an email from the Board that contains our license number tomorrow 8/28? And that we won't appear in the license lookup until Saturday/Monday?  I'm just trying to decipher as to when exactly I will receive my number.  Thanks in advance.

So are you saying we will receive an email from the Board that contains our license number tomorrow 8/28? And that we won't appear in the license lookup until Saturday/Monday?  I'm just trying to decipher as to when exactly I will receive my number.  Thanks in advance.
No, what I'm saying is that the Board runs licensing lists every other week, generally on a Friday.  You will likely see your name listed in LIcense Lookup or Search on the website before receiving the actual letter, etc. from the Board.  Since the processing essentially runs as an overnight process, it won't be until the next morning until the list is updated online.  Sometimes it takes until Monday morning.

Yes! My pay raise will go into effect as well! And I got promoted. Exciting stuff :) I hope I get a cool license # that's easy to remember.
I know right, good for you and congrats! Mine will ONLY come when I show them my number.

Back