Jobs- what do you do?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work for the world's largest elevator company doing a nice mix of R&D, product development, and product support for a specific component (actually, a group of components). Keeps me busy, and since we're such a global company that earns most revenues on service (which every elevator needs) it makes us somewhat resistant to fluctuations in the economy.

My job absolutely doesn't need a PE and our entire engineering organization works under industry exemption, although in the much longer term (10+ years out) it offers some benefits for the organization if I have one. Apparently those little initials lend some credence to your arguments when you're attending safety code meetings. Our codes manager (a Canadian P.Eng) is getting up there in years and there's no one with a PE waiting to step into the gap when he retires. I see an opportunity to position myself for that path if I want to go down it, and the way to do that is to get a PE at some point.

Back